At Shell Fleet Solutions, our ambition is to deliver seamless, contextual and valuable communications to customers and prospects across the customer journey. You’ll be working alongside passionate people who love what we do and enjoy being champions of customer-centricity at every touchpoint we manage; creating tailored, relevant engagement campaigns for our customers and working with innovative technology every day. We foster a learner mindset, and so we commit to providing opportunities for personal and professional development for each member of the team – you can expect a multi-faceted, supportive work environment here.
The Customer Dialogue Operations Team covers 22 markets across Europe and Asia, and will be responsible for managing the activation and orchestration of all Fleet Solutions customer marketing campaigns, and this role provides a unique opportunity to be at the heart of our shift to moving towards insights-driven marketing that drives tangible business value.
This is a new role that sits in the Global Customer Dialogue Operations Hub in Shell Fleet Solutions & Emobility. We’re on a journey to become our customers’ first choice in sustainable mobility solutions – and customer marketing plays an important role in delivering best in class customer communications experiences that will differentiate us from the competition.
The Email Campaign Specialist is responsible for the build, quality assurance, testing, segmentation, execution and reporting of email marketing campaigns. You will work closely with the Marketing Automation Manager and the Campaign Developer to deliver on customer communication briefs submitted by the local businesses.
We’ll entrust you with the following responsibilities
- You will evaluate and assess campaign briefs to understand campaign objectives, target audiences and execution tactics
- You will work with the Marketing Automation Manager to ideate, plan and execute multi-channel marketing campaigns against those briefs (email, SMS, push notifications)
- You will work with data analysts and strategists to identify segmentation criteria based on audience behaviour, demographic, geographic, transactional characteristics in order to send targeted communications to the most relevant audiences
- You will design and build personalized customer journey workflows, emails and landing pages and forms for campaigns, ensuring optimal set-up, testing and execution
- You will design and run A/B tests on relevant emails to optimize performance
- We care about respecting data privacy, so you will ensure compliance to data privacy regulations while executing email marketing campaigns
- We’re constantly building capabilities, so you will have a learning mindset, constantly improving your skillset and trying out new innovative ideas
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
This role requires technical knowledge and experience of marketing automation platforms in order to build innovative Customer Dialogue programmes that will be the foundation of building great customer experiences. You’ll also need strong communication skills required to provide constructive advice on email marketing best practices to our local marketing stakeholders.
You’ll ideally have
- Knowledge of email marketing strategy and tactics for creating best-in-class campaigns, and an ability to query post-campaign performance in order to optimize future executions.
- At least 2 years of Marketing Automation Platform (MAP) experience, with Salesforce Marketing Cloud experience a distinct advantage
- Intermediate HTML & CSS skills required to adapt and maintain emails and web-forms.
- Knowledge of building automated email journeys, applying relevant audience segmentation
- An understanding of using data extensions and basic SQL within Marketing Cloud to effectively segment audiences
- Ability to work quickly to sometimes tight deadlines and deliver quality work
- Evidence of utilizing data insights to drive campaign design and activation
- An understanding of GDPR for B2B
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.