Who We Are
ButcherBox is a fast-paced, rapidly-growing company headquartered in Boston, MA. At ButcherBox, we believe in better. That’s why we deliver 100% grass-fed, grass-finished beef, free-range organic chicken, pork raised crate-free, and wild-caught seafood directly to our members’ doors. All of our products are humanely raised or wild-caught and never given antibiotics or added hormones ever.
We’re working to build a world that’s better for all, and we’re inviting everyone to come along. For us, better means treating our planet with respect. It means improving the lives of animals and the livelihoods of farmers. It means never cutting corners when it comes to doing business. Ultimately, it means better meals, enjoyed together. Our team is made up of people who collaborate and support one another. We’re always looking for outstanding people to join our mission!
About The Role
The Email Campaign Specialist is a newly created role on the Member Marketing team, reporting directly to the Sr. Email CRM Manager. In this role you will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally in the implementation of scalable marketing solutions to help support our Email and SMS channels and provide the best experience for our members.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about all aspects of digital marketing and has proven experience using an ESP/CMS/CDP/CRM. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who has a desire to learn and thrives in a dynamic environment.
- Support campaign and flow production for Lead/Member/Resub Email & SMS.
- Work closely with other Member Marketing collaborators to assure everything is built to requirement and has been QA’d.
- Help monitor and analyze email deliverability to assure our campaigns are making it to inboxes. Assure we’re implementing and staying up to date with all best practices as well as defining what our success metrics are
- Work with stakeholders (channel owners, creative and brand team, etc) to define content, implement, and execute testing tactics to optimize campaigns and results
- Collaborate cross functionally with Data and Engineering teams to assist with identifying and implementing data driven marketing solutions
- Focus on transactional experience. Assure messages are getting to members when they need to and establishing reporting to monitor
- Assist in construction/executing email campaigns. Using Klaviyo/Twilio and other similar programs to help setup campaigns. This can include implementing conditional logic or leveraging 3rd party content for personalization
- Work with our Analytics team to identify meaningful sources of information or help implement learnings
- Serve as an ESP (Klaviyo) super user, over time become very well versed in how we use the tools we do and leverage that to help develop documentation, support others, and drive innovation
- 3+ years in marketing, Email/SMS, or CRM focused role
- Knowledge of Email/SMS industry best practices and direct experience working in an ESP preferred
- Comfortable writing/reviewing/troubleshooting email ready HTML/CSS
- Strong communicator with meticulous attention to detail & superb organizational skills
- Ability to project manage/prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience partnering with stakeholders across all departments, in particular product, data, and engineering teams
What We Offer
We are a mission-driven company and strive to embody our values in every step of the process. ButcherBox is driven by relentless improvement, accountability, humility, and member-obsession. We want our workplace to be one of growth and learning where everyone can be safe/comfortable to show up as their authentic self to work. Anyone who loves our products and goals is welcome here! We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer aspiring to incite positive change in the pastures, the fulfillment centers, the office, and the world.
- Health: medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, an employer-funded HSA, and short & long-term disability benefits
- Financial: 401(k) with generous employer match, an annual discretionary performance bonus, and equity ownership in the company
- Time off: unlimited paid time off policy, 20 weeks parental leave, an executive team that encourages a good work/life balance
- Personal growth: professional development opportunities, including free access to online learning programs
- Food: a free Custom Classic ButcherBox each month and weekly lunch reimbursement
- Others: reimbursement for wellness activities, an exceptional EAP, fertility benefits, life insurance and more
ButcherBox is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive environment at all steps in the hiring process. Every qualified applicant will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We are happy provide reasonable accommodations during our hiring process.