We're looking for fun-loving people who love the challenge of learning new things in a fast-paced work environment.
You don’t even have to have experience with candles! We are looking for someone who finds it exciting to hustle in a fun startup company. We need someone with a strong work ethic, a positive attitude, and determination!
Antique Candle Co.™ is seeking a dynamic, energetic, and enthusiastic individual to join our team FULL TIME as an Email Campaign Manager. The Email Campaign Manager will manage all email marketing campaigns and work with the marketing team on a daily basis while reporting directly to the Chief Marketing Officer.
START DATE: October 2020
LOCATION: Lafayette, Indiana
Normal shift hours: 9 AM – 5 PM
Primary Job Responsibilities:
Create and manage email campaigns
- Maintain brand vision and message established by CEO and CMO
- Plan email campaigns based on marketing priorities established by CMO
- Create engaging email campaigns with appropriate CTA’s to build customer loyalty and drive conversions
- Schedule email campaigns based on optimized days and times
- Create audience segments based on demographic, behavioral, and other criteria to send highly personalized email campaigns
- Update and maintain trigger email campaigns throughout the customer journey to maximize sales
- Develop efficiencies in the current email campaign process and optimize the weekly email contact strategy
- Ensure all email campaigns comply with current email best practice in the industry and are relevant to our target demographic
Experiment and test email campaigns
- Experiment and run A/B or multivariate tests to optimize campaign performance
- Develop testing ideas around email segmentation and personalization to better engage and retain subscribers
- Work to minimize list decay and unsubscribes while increasing the productivity of email sends
- Partner with social media team to find ways to engage audience in fun and relational ways
- Research and learn new ways to interact with our candle friends in a positive and productive manner
Analyze and report email campaigns
- Track and report email campaigns on a weekly basis in order to guide improvements
- Monitor email KPI’s such as deliverability, open rate, click-through rate, unsubscribe rate, conversion rate, list growth rate, and overall ROI
- Maintain a deep understanding of email best practices, technology, and trends to react to new insights and behavior
- Analyze current email marketing campaigns and suggest recommendations for improvement
- Submit quarterly report to executive team with primary KPI findings
Optimize funnel performance
- Develop a deep understanding of what resonates with our customers to improve customer experience and journey
- Ensure email marketing campaigns work in coherence with other marketing channels
- Build and grow email subscriber list via lead generation
- Utilize retail website (sign up forms, landing pages, etc.) and other channels to capture new subscribers
Lead and strategize business growth as a manager
- Participate in weekly marketing meetings to collaborate on new projects, flash sales, and ideas
- Engage in weekly one on one meetings with supervisor
- Check in with marketing managers on a regular basis for daily marketing plans
- Prioritize projects based on marketing schedule or operational needs
- Exercise creative freedom to drive additional sales and customer loyalty
- Champion Antique Candle Co.™ brand image, vibe, and overall creative vision
Secondary Job Responsibilities:
- Maintain “big picture” mentality and be ready to help operations team in a moment's notice
- Act as a representative of Antique Candle Co.™ at conferences or trade shows
You’ll love this job if:
- You love the nitty, gritty details. People tell you that you’re organized and like to ensure everything is in its place.
- You prefer individual work, but like being around other people in a collaborate office setting.
- You like “typing how you talk” in a way that grammatically makes sense and is FUN for the reader – you love writing more than anything! And if you are being honest, you are an exceptional copy writer.
- You are sales driven and find it extremely exciting in seeing one email campaign drive over $50,000.
- You find fulfillment when people resonate with your creativity.
- You are an email subscriber to ALL your favorite brands & love reading company emails – you hopefully are experienced in writing campaigns yourself (or at least have tons of experience in copywriting).
- You aren’t sensitive to fragrances or smells in general. This is a candle factory after all.
- You are fun, friendly, and would love to learn how to make candles & get your hands waxy from time to time!
- If you read this entire job description and find a typo, you might just be the person for the job. We are looking for someone that can level up Antique Candle Co.™ 😉
Qualifications and Requirements:
- BA or BS Degree (Marketing, Business, Communications, or other related field)
- 2+ years email marketing experience
- Working knowledge of Mailchimp or other campaign management tools
- Proven track record creating, implementing and optimizing email campaigns to meet business goals
- Experience setting up tracking, reporting and monitoring KPI’s
- Understanding of a variety of analytical tools
- Excellent written communication and relationship building skills
- Outstanding project management skills
- High attention to detail, deadlines, and accuracy
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Creativity in messaging, visual design, email layout
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS, preferred
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop, preferred
- Experience with Shopify, preferred
- Competitive vacation & holiday PTO
- Career & growth opportunities
- Monthly $100 candle allowance
- Regular performance reviews every 6 months where compensation is discussed
- Fast, fun, and friendly work environment with the best darn coworkers, for realsies!
- A voice in how we improve our processes. We don’t have “corporate headquarters” telling us how to do our jobs. We hustle & figure it out.
- Health benefits will be available in early 2021
We would love for you to join our candle crew! Please send your resume (PDF format) and any other pertinent information to Brittany Whitenack, email: [email protected] Thank you for your consideration!