Email Campaign Developer
Our Marketing Teams at Best Buy Canada are home to some of the most creative and strategic thinkers in the company. From graphic designers to writers, media analysts to the managers who bring it all together, Marketing is made up of diverse and talented people all committed to one goal: building lasting relationships with our customers.
The Email Campaign Developer is responsible for overseeing the development and deployment of new and existing email marketing campaigns for Best Buy Canada. This individual will develop and deploy mass, targeted, retargeted and lifecycle email campaigns to follow the customer journey.
As an Email Campaign Developer, you will…
- Provide overall Marketing and Email support by helping with advancement of features and capabilities, staying current with best practices, and assisting with the implementation and adoption of new technologies
- Designs, codes (HTML/CSS) and implements creative and effective emails that align with brand standards and meet the needs of internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage and prioritizes multiple projects within given deadlines
- Work with stakeholders to ensure proper proofing and approval of all projects
- Test emails in multiple platforms and environments against expected outcomes and for rendering check & proactively identify and resolve content or coding issues
- Provide technical recommendations based on technical limitations, opportunities and email best practices
- Integrate and test email campaigns with accurate data tables and targeted lists, ensuring the content reflects the customer attributes in the data and the dynamic contents are populating accordingly
- Create simple and complex automations to deliver automated recurring campaigns
- Integrate HTML modules from different sources and software, understand how they interact with the others & update business rules within each software to provide the best customer experience
- Communicate regularly with team members and leaders regarding common goals, significant events, and troubleshooting potential problems before productivity is affected.
We hope you are passionate about…
- Teamwork – team player who works well both independently and with cross-functional teams
- Continuous improvement – creative and a learner by nature
- Communication – strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to manage multiple projects while meeting tight deadlines
The experience we need…
- 3+ years of email marketing and development experience including strategy, analytics and reporting
- Front end development on web or emails using HTML and CSS
- Knowledge of how-to set-up highly dynamic and modular emails through Salesforce Marketing Cloud (ExactTarget) or similar enterprise level ESP/marketing automation tools: Adobe Campaign, Responsys, StrongView and/or Silverpop
- Knowledge of email best practices
- Certificate or Degree in Web / Multi-media/ Digital Marketing
We believe we have the unique opportunity to help customers enrich their lives and pursue their passions with the help of technology