As an Email Campaign Developer, you will bring considerable campaign lifecycle management expertise to deliver effective email marketing campaigns, including communications strategy, customer segmentation, content development, campaign execution, KPI measurement, and performance optimization.
As an Email Campaign Developer , you will bring technical, functional, and email service provider (ESP) expertise to deliver effective solutions for the email marketing channel.
- Manage day to day interactions with business stakeholders
- Manage and deliver components of client engagements that identify, design, and implement business and technology solutions
- Guide teams in the identification of business requirements, functional design, process design (including scenario design, flow mapping), prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures for solutions implemented
- Develop and maintain contact with top decision makers; participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process
What You Will Do
- Act as a SME for campaign operations, platform best practices and advise on improving the campaign effectiveness
- Gather and document business requirements and translate them into technical specifications
- Make well-informed segmentation and targeting decisions, tailoring communications messages to relevant target audience and customer lifecycle
- Guide the preparation of data, segments, email creatives and other configurations
- Oversee the development, execution, and testing of campaign workflows
- Monitor and troubleshoot manual and automated campaigns and data activities in case of failures, and notify stakeholders of relevant outcomes, fluctuations, and plans
- Generate reports and dashboards indicating various performance metrics and KPIs
- Define process improvements and enable campaign automation to increase campaign efficiency
- Manage email deliverability, escalate issues, and work with the email service provider (ESP) to resolve issues
- Develop training material for various processes in marketing operations
What You Bring
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience executing omni-channel marketing campaigns in campaign management systems (e.g. Adobe Campaign, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Responsys)
- Minimum 2 years of hands-on experience using Adobe Experience Cloud and Adobe Campaign (Adobe certification is a plus)
- Experience writing simple-to-moderately complex SQL queries
- Ability to build workflows, emails, templates, and customer journeys on client specs within ESP (Adobe Campaign preferred)
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues related to HTML templates, list segmentation and other aspects of email execution
- Proven QA experience with data resources, counts, data quality, and creative content
- Experience with out-of-the-box and custom reporting in Adobe Experience Cloud and Adobe Campaign
- Good understanding of databases and ability to work with large data sets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in PowerPoint
- Experience working with Agile methodology and using JIRA to manage and update user stories, project tasks, and deliverables
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- 2 years of hands-on experience with other products in the Adobe (e.g. Analytics, Audience, Target) stack
- Proficient in using email testing and rendering tools (e.g. Email on Acid, Litmus)
- Leveraging Content Management Systems to store, manage version history, and access creative content
- Proficient in leveraging Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, or other reporting tools to create reports to track campaign and deliverability metrics
Why Join Us?
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility encourages us to be the place where outstanding people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are global but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and join the travel industry, this is the job for you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.