Good things start here
This could be the very first step towards an exciting new career with us – a fresh beginning. At the Coles Group, these are moments we live for.
Starting good things is what drives our purpose to sustainably feed all Australians so they can lead healthier, happier lives. With a team of 120,000 people and an iconic portfolio of Australia’s most trusted brands, we’re perfectly positioned to turn a promising start into a whole lot more.
About The Role
As one of biggest brands in Australia, we connect with over 19 million people each week. Whether it’s innovative in-store design, creative omnichannel storytelling, or thunderclap advertising that reaches 98% of Australians, our Marketing team play a pivotal role in driving our brand forward, helping our customers lead healthier and happier lives, and building the trust and reliability we’re known for.
Our central Digital Marketing team is seeking an Email and Campaign Developer to join their growing team. You will be primarily responsible for developing, implementing, testing, and maintaining Coles’ email campaigns while ensuring cross-compatibility on all browsers, email providers and devices.
This role can be based anywhere in Australia. Occassional travel to Melbourne for team building will be required.
What You’ll Be Doing
Reporting to the Senior Marketing Manager – Retention & Growth, you will design and develop HTML emails and App push notifications as well as build the programs within Oracle Responsys. You will manage the delivery of both service and promotional communications against the activity calendar, collaborating with Campaign Managers to monitor performance against targets and drive retention and growth.
- Build and test email campaigns ensuring cross compatibility on all browsers, email providers and devices
- Build email and app push programs in Oracle Responsys
- Create processes for communications development in-house and document processes and technical guidelines.
- Partner with Campaign Managers, studio, marketing and agency partners to deliver high quality communications to customers
- Develop and optimise workflows to effectively collaborate, plan and deliver activity.
- Act as a SME embedding knowledge and expertise across Digital Marketing in areas of email and app push communications development and execution
Good things you’ll need
We’re after an experienced email and campaign developer withhands on experience with an enterprise level email and marketing automation delivery system, developing and testing responsive/modular HTML emails (Preference for Oracle Responsys but not essential). We’d love someone with experience building and executing other channels like App push and SMS, but this is not essential.
You'll also need
- Fluent in HTML and CSS
- Solid knowledge of writing and using SQL queries to analyse data
- Strong knowledge of any Object-Oriented programming (OOP) language
- Understanding of accessibility
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Experience operating within a complex environment
- Strong communication skills, proven ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders
Given the state/ territory of the position you are applying for, and to enable Coles to provide a safe environment for its team members, there may be a requirement for you to receive a COVID-19 vaccination before commencing work for Coles , unless you are medically exempt. Given this, you will be required to disclose your COVID-19 vaccination status as part of your application for employment with Coles. You may be required to provide further evidence of vaccination status as part of your application.
We’re committed to making this a great place to work, from day one. From flexible working arrangements to discounts across all our internal brands (including 5% off at Coles supermarkets!), there are plenty of reasons to love working here. Explore all this and more at our Coles Careers website.
Coles Group is an endorsed employer for all women. See our range of benefits and policies directly at WORK180
For Everyone Who Shares Our Passion
We encourage applications from people of all ages, nationalities, abilities and cultures – including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, the LGBTQI+ community and people living with disability. We’re happy to adjust our recruitment process to support accessibility needs – so reach out to us at www.careers.colesgroup.com.au > Careers for everyone > Disability employment.
We’d love to meet you
If you have the skills, experience and motivation to succeed in this role, please take the next step and submit your application.