Do you dream in HTML or in digital-marketing campaigns? Does the word eblast send shivers down your spine; whereas words like segmentation and nurture strategies send you to a place of serenity? When you find yourself in a spreadsheet, are formulas and pivot tables your friendly companions? And when faced with the challenge of communicating a mission, do you know just what to say in 100 words or less? If you said yes to all of the above, you are a rare bird, and you could play a major role at EMF as our Email Campaign Content Specialist.
The Email Campaign Content Specialist:
- visualizes a dynamic email campaign, e.g. is a “blue sky” thinker, determining missing gaps, and developing solutions for a fluid end-user experience.
- Writes content from a Subject Matter Expert voice for email touch points of our known audience types in an email campaign. i.e.; landing page, form, confirmation message, confirmation email, follow up email, etc., using clear, engaging, and persuasive language.
- Can tell a compelling, complete, and concise story using the subject line, preview text, and header of an email.
- Suggests content tests to gain insights on each audience persona and various calls to action.
- Reviews all emails, email landing pages, and email collection points for spelling, grammar, and user-experience.
- Ensures that content supports the EMF mission and core values, adheres to the K-LOVE and/or Air1 brand identity, and uses search engine optimization and search engine marketing tactics to optimize impact and online reach.
- Initiates and executes creative opportunities to further promote the brands.
- Uses consistent naming conventions and file structures.
- Seeks non-profit and music entertainment email marketing best-practices to support campaigns of stakeholders across the ministry, including Programming Directors, Donor Engagement, Pastoral Care, and Digital Content Managers.
We’re looking for the following skills and experience:
- 2-5 years’ experience in email marketing. Non-profit experience desired but not required.
- Advanced skills in Excel, Marketing Automation, Segmentation, with understanding of can-SPAM compliance, GDPR and managing multiple brands, QA and testing, and troubleshooting.
- HTML experience required with ability to read/edit/fix HTML 5.0
- Experience in email marketing platforms such as Pardot, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Eloqua, Marketo, eTrigue, mailchimp, Constant Contact.
- Understands critical email content best-practices.
- Experience in Sitecore, WordPress, or other CMS desired.
- Experience creating editorial content, including editing, quality assurance and proofreading, with demonstrated ability to compose using different writing styles.
- Understands keyword strategy and uses effectively in email campaigns.
- Creative, resourceful and possesses initiative with solid digital marketing background.
- Experience with copywriting, formatting and distributing for the web and email.
- Possesses strong communication skills, including excellent grammatical and editing skills.
- Ability to synthesize information from different sources into presentable content.
- Attention to detail and solid organization skills.
- Ability to maintain flexibility and creativity while managing multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to present self in a highly professional manner.
- Possesses a positive attitude and willingness to jump in and learn new things in a fast-paced environment.
- Video and audio production and basic graphics design are desired but not required.
Great Benefits & Culture
This is an exempt position which offers a rich compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, matching 401K, generous paid vacation, sick and holiday. In addition, you will enjoy the ability to pray openly, development and advancement opportunities, free access to LinkedIn Learning platform, a mentor, meaningful work relationships and more.
We are open to long-term remote with occasional travel to HQ (Rocklin, CA).