Where A-Players Thrive.
Golden Hippo is an employee-owned, vertically-integrated, highly profitable direct-to-consumer marketer of over 20 health, beauty, and pet care brands that collectively generate $1 billion of revenue annually. Our employee-owners are passionate about our mission to create best-in-class products across broadly appealing categories — to help people live their healthiest, happiest lives.
Our A-players are results-driven creative thinkers who like to move fast, get the job done, and have fun doing it. If you love to roll up your sleeves, take on exciting new challenges every day, and drive massive growth… You should definitely keep reading.
We’re Looking For An:
Email Automation Assistant who will support the development, execution, and reporting of email marketing automation programs. Within this role you will partner with the Email and Copywriting Teams to optimize customer post-purchase journeys that will increase revenue, engagement, and retention by assisting with the implementation of A/B tests, reporting, and creating new journeys as assigned. Will create and monitor a wide variety of automated email journeys. This includes but is not limited to using tactical filters, use statistical analysis to generate, test, and adjust changes, and track along with analyzing autoresponder results. Perform regular QA spot checks.
Woodland Hills, CA (Hybrid)
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Partner with copywriters and other cross-functional team members in testing, executing, and optimizing email autoresponders across several brands.
- Implement content updates and drip campaigns for other departments as needed
- Maintain updated autoresponder audience segments across brands
- Perform regular QA as needed
- Assist in developing and executing strategies to optimize deliverability/inboxing, opens, clicks, and conversion rate
- Identify opportunities to A/B test email content.
- Accurately report on key metrics and test results.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Preferred Qualifications (Note: These are preferred and not required. We strongly encourage you to apply even if you don’t tick ALL of these boxes.):
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and with the ability to prioritize and manage several projects at once.
- Highly attentive to detail
- Speedy implementation and ability to quickly adapt as priorities shift
- Collaborative and accommodating to interdepartmental requests
- 0-2+ years experience within digital marketing automation platforms.
- Working knowledge of HTML, building an email marketing campaign from scratch and email marketing best practices
- Excellent copywriting and and copyediting skills
- Experience in Google Drive (especially Sheets and Docs)
- Working knowledge in creating customer lifecycle journeys targeted at activating new customers, retaining existing customers, and reactivating those inactive customers
- Copywriting for email sales
- Using custom data fields, merge tags, or other dynamic content in email, running A/B tests, etc.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent, required
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or related field, preferred
Why Golden Hippo:
We pride ourselves on our award-winning culture and incredibly diverse workforce. We intentionally strive to cultivate, create, and celebrate a rich, vibrant, innovative, transparent, and inclusive culture of belonging where our employees are not only valued but celebrated. Here are just a few examples of how we make sure Golden Hippo’s culture is one-of-a-kind…
- 100% employer-paid benefits. Yes, 100% employer-paid.
- Flexible work arrangements available for most positions.
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP: Retirement Plan funded by company contributions of company stock.)
- Global Charity Impact: We’ve donated over $4.9 million to global charities to date.
- Generous matching 401K plan.
- Diversity & Inclusion initiatives.
- Room for growth and results-based pay increases.
- Multiple Learning and Development programs like our Mentorship Program, Management Training Program, Tuition Reimbursement Program, and more.
- Recognition Programs like our Win of the Week, Spot Bonus, and Shout-Outs Program.
- Company events like happy hours, annual holiday party, Halloween party, and more.
- Golden Hippo HQ: Free on-site gym, and fully-stocked kitchen.
Our Award-Winning Culture:
- Best Places to Work in Los Angeles 2022 - Built In
- 100 Best Large Companies to Work For - Built In
- Best Outlook 2022 - Comparably
- Best Places to Work in Los Angeles 2022 - Comparably
- Best Marketing Teams 2021 - Comparably
- Best Company Career Growth 2021 - Comparably
- Best Company Perks & Benefits 2021 - Comparably
Our Hiring Practices:
Golden Hippo strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age, ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, for applicants in Los Angeles, California, and consistent with applicable laws in other areas. The California Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA) requires all employers with at least five employees to provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with either mental or physical disabilities. If you require extra accommodations during the interview process, please reach out to our Talent Acquisition team at [email protected].
Just So You Know:
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Golden Hippo recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Golden Hippo may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.