Women are on the cusp of becoming the most powerful force in America. But to fundamentally transform this country, we need to pull together the millions of women who are already engaged and amplify and expand their civic engagement. Supermajority Education Fund is building women’s power across the country by training and mobilizing a multiracial, intergenerational community who will lead the fight for gender equity. We provide women with the tools, resources, and information they need to channel the energy and activism of this moment and build it into a long-term movement for change.
Since our founding in April 2019, Supermajority Education Fund and our related 501(c)(4) organization, Supermajority, have reached more than a million women through in-person conversations and online outreach. In August 2019, over 75,000 people from all 50 states completed our Women’s* Poll, which led to the creation of the Majority Rules, a set of values to help us build the country we deserve. In December 2019 we welcomed Pantsuit Nation, an online community of more than 3 million women and allies, into our organization.
In 2020, we ran the country’s largest woman-to-woman voter engagement program by offering strategic digital tools, training, and information to women and allies around the country. In 2021, we are continuing the work of engaging and mobilizing women across the country, in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic and it’s disproportionate impact on women, specifically women of color.
Supermajority and Supermajority Education Fund are seeking an Email Associate to assist in the copywriting, production, technical function, and reporting of email programming. Reporting to the Lifecycle Marketing and Email Campaigns Manager, the Email Associate will collaborate with the Lifecycle Marketing and Email Campaigns Manager across teams to build a best-in-class email program that enables our organization to build capacity within our membership to mobilize on behalf of gender equity for years to come. To achieve these goals, the Email Associate will be responsible for reporting on campaigns, tracking the lifecycle of Supermajority members, and assisting the Lifecycle Marketing and Email Campaigns Manager to cultivate community and grow a committed grassroots donor base.
The Email Associate will also support the engagement and mobilization team on all aspects of content creation, data and reporting, editing, fostering online community, and other duties as assigned. The Email Associate will have a somewhat flexible schedule, including an expectation for some evening and weekend work during rapid response moments.
A successful candidate will be a strong writer and communicator, have experience reporting and analyzing data, experience working independently, quickly, and under pressure, and is passionate about building a world where the Majority Rules are real.
The Email Associate will:
- Support the email program for Supermajority (501(c)(4)) and Supermajority Education Fund (501(c)(3))
- In collaboration with Lifecycle Marketing and Email Campaigns Manager, assist on developing the email engagement calendar to with key organizational initiatives and opportunities
- Analyze and report on campaigns, identifying goals, results, and opportunities for improvement on a weekly basis
- Monitor and optimize all KPIs: deliverability, click rate, conversion rate, opt-out rate, fundraising, as well as specific organizational goals around individual campaigns
- Troubleshoot technical issues
- Support the end-to-end production and all quality assurance for the Supermajority (501(c)(4)) and Supermajority Education Fund (501(c)(3)) email programs, including rapid response moments
- Assist in the end-to-end creation of landing pages, forms, and redirects that connect the email program to the Supermajority digital network
- Curate, edit, and publish stories in Supermajority Education Fund Facebook Groups like Pantsuit Nation x Supermajority
- Deepen community engagement and cultivate community across all digital channels, including responding to member feedback
- Support volunteers by responding to questions and feedback
- Assist the Lifecycle Marketing and Email Campaigns Manager in growing the Supermajority active membership to 1 million by 2024
Required skills, knowledge, and qualifications
- Excellent writing and communication skills, with an ability to match our organizational voice
- Comfortable working quickly under deadline and innovating under pressure
- Strong virtual communication and collaboration: Efficiency and comfort with Slack and Google Suite, responsiveness via email, and willingness to participate in weekly group calls or as needed
- Strong grasp on reporting and analyzing data using tools like Google Sheets
- Working for racial equity: Willingness to integrate an understanding of key racial equity concepts into work projects and interactions by addressing structural implications and disproportionate impacts of policies, activities, and decisions on race, class and other group identities within the context of job responsibilities and projects
The strongest candidates will also have the following skills and experience:
- Experience copywriting and/or fundraising for nonprofits and advocacy campaigns
- Prior experience with and knowledge of email platforms and online vendors (e.g. Acoustic, Mobilize, EveryAction, ActBlue, and Movable Ink)
- Prior experience with HTML
- Experience reporting on and making informed decisions based on data
- Salary for this position is between $60,000 - $70,000 and is commensurate with experience.
- Supermajority Education Fund, a fiscally sponsored project of the New Venture Fund, provides a comprehensive benefits package that includes 100% employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance, 3% employer match on 401k contributions, pre-tax transportation benefits, and paid holidays, vacation, sick, and volunteer time off.
How to Apply Please submit a resume via the link above. Only applications submitted through this link above will be reviewed. Candidates may be asked to complete a written assessment as part of the interview process. Applications will be reviewed as they are received. The deadline to apply is January 6, 2022.
New Venture Fund Careers Supermajority Education Fund is a project of the New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. The New Venture Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. The New Venture Fund's work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
The person holding this position may also work part-time for a coordinated project, Supermajority, in the Sixteen Thirty Fund, a 501(c)(4) organization, under a resource sharing agreement between the New Venture Fund and the Sixteen Thirty Fund. The responsibilities under that position will be overseen by the Sixteen Thirty Fund.