The Startup Marketing team is responsible for bringing new startup customers into AWS and helping make them successful by educating them at scale about the right technical solutions as well as broader business topics. It is comprised of teams that develop all forms of content, create and execute programming and events, deliver in-person programs at the Startup Lofts, and execute digital marketing campaigns. As the Email and Web Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for collaborating across the Startup Marketing team to ensure that our email programs and webpages are intentional, designed and built with rigor, employ robust testing and optimization processes; and that performance is mined for insights to continually raise the bar.
We are seeking a highly curious, passionate, and data-driven individual, who has a passion for using marketing technology to drive business outcomes. You will dive deep to optimize performance and solve problems for stakeholders across the team, possess in-depth email and web operations experience to detect patterns and make improvements across campaigns and events, and design customer journeys that drive business outcomes.
Reporting to the Global Lead, Startup Digital Marketing, you will:
- Analyze and optimize performance by reviewing marketing activity for trends and insights
- Help refine email and web page targeting
- Develop a robust reporting program, in collaboration with the Marketing Operations leader
- Build and optimize campaign pages in Adobe AEM (CQ)
- Partner with the AWS Testing team to design hypothesis-driven conversion rate optimization experiments including subject lines/headlines, copy, imagery, and CTAs via A/B/X testing on landing pages. Deploy a steady cadence of tests to continuously improve conversion rates, and help build a testing culture in Startup Marketing
- Manage the localization and deployment of non-English webpages in Adobe AEM (CQ)
- Explore, evaluate, and implement customer journey tools with automated triggers for communications to deepen customers’ relationship with AWS
- Develop highly visible Marketo demand generation-focused email programs from beginning to end, including gathering of requirements, design and development, testing, launch, reporting and maintenance
- Develop an email promotion strategy for Startup Marketing programming and events
- Own and build Marketo landing pages for campaigns, live and on-demand webinars, partnership programs, in-person events, and Uberflip campaigns
- Run A/B/X tests on email and landing pages to optimize messaging and CTAs for desired business outcomes
- Manage external email production vendors, and manage the localization and delivery of non-English email builds in Marketo
- Manage data hygiene projects, including list uploads
- Regularly monitor and audit the database, MQLs, and campaigns for data hygiene.
- Create email trend reports and recommend optimizations
This role may be located in Seattle, NYC, or San Francisco. Must be able to travel (NYC/San Francisco/Seattle) and internationally. Relocation is provided to Seattle only.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 6+ years of experience working in an email and/or web Marketing role, including emphasis on conversion rate optimization and automation
- Experience with Marketo, Adobe AEM (CQ), Salesforce.com, and Tableau
- Experience working cross functionally and globally
- Experience supporting marketers (field, event, digital, product, and content teams)
- 1+ years of experience working at a startup
- Solid project management and organizational skills
- Marketo certification
- Experience with Adobe Analytics
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.