Stanford Institute for Human-Centered Artificial Intelligence (HAI) is now taking applications for an Email and Social Marketing Manager to oversee the organization’s social and email outreach and analyze user engagement.
The Email and Social Marketing Manager will be responsible for: (1) creating email campaigns that resonate with and grow HAI’s key audiences; (2) developing email audience segmentation strategy and A/B testing alternatives to maximize impact; (3) managing HAI’s social media channels and engaging with our audiences; (4) growing social and email audiences through tailored strategies, compelling content and messaging; and (5) developing meaningful metrics and measuring and reporting email and social engagement outcomes.
The Email and Social Marketing Manager will develop and implement the initiative-level digital community strategy for HAI. The Email and Social Marketing Manager will work with the Director of Communications and Head of Content, who will establish communications priorities and outcomes desired. Finally, the Email and Social Marketing Manager will work in consultation with collaborators and stakeholders within HAI and on the Stanford Digital Media Team to understand best practices as they relate to writing for Stanford social channels and emails, rich media, measurement, and related practices.
This is a full-time position with benefits. This position is a two-year fixed-term appointment, which is renewable based on performance and funding.
- Conceptualize design, implement, and develop solutions for complex systems/programs independently.
- Lead digital community-building through social media channels, blogs and the web
- Drive day-to-day management of Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram, using sound judgment to research, write, edit, curate, and/or produce content for channels. Convert already created content into impactful messages for core audiences.
- As needed, perform basic website maintenance, such as creating new pages or blog posts, or updating existing pages.
- Manage development and implementation of digital community strategy for a group, unit, project, program, initiative, channel, organization or unit; including how to engage customers and fundamentally impact their relationship with constituents.
- Support creative development of email templates and landing pages.
- Develop email segmentation strategy, delivering specific messages to select audiences.
- Develop social media plan for special campaigns, live conferences, and other major projects.
- Responsible for ownership and management of digital channels and/or the web. Oversee editorial strategy and voice (of the content through the channels).
- Working with cross-functional teams, own the hands-on execution of all emails and email campaigns (building, testing, and sending emails; segmenting audiences; A/B testing).
- Manage social listening efforts and report back to HAI management.
- Partner with internal stakeholders such as program teams, service teams, IT, campus partners to achieve program goals and to ensure coordination.
- Act as an advocate for digital community efforts. Be able to quickly make recommendations for and against requests.
- Understand and adopt best practices for social and digital media.
- Manage constituent complaints and reputational issues and other high priorities on digital channels.
- May hire, coach and manage teams.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Knowledge of the web, technology, social platforms, current and future trends.
- Excellent writing and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated problem solver.
- Ability to leverage current and future trends to help an organization succeed at the initiative level, for a specific group, team or unit.
- Ability to work independently to meet expected deadlines and schedules.
- Experience leading highly-functioning teams.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Elite oral and written communication and storytelling skills.
- Capable of quickly reading and summarizing large volumes of news and conversation on social networks.
- Experience using website analytics and social media listening software such as Google Analytics and Khoros.
- Experience using Mailchimp or other email marketing platform.
- Highly organized and creative, showing meticulous attention to detail and an ability to balance multiple projects and competing demands.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Demonstrated team player.
- Experience with editing tools such as Photoshop and FinalCut a plus.
- Drupal 8 content management skills
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently stand/walk, sit, use a telephone, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, speaking.
- Occasionally assist with carrying and setting up heavy production gear.
- Occasionally grasp forcefully, writing by hand.
- Rarely sort/file paperwork.
- Occasional work on evenings and weekends.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable university policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the university's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu .
About Stanford University
Stanford University, located between San Francisco and San Jose in the heart of California's Silicon Valley, is one of the world's leading teaching and research universities. Since its opening in 1891, Stanford has been dedicated to finding solutions to big challenges and to preparing students for leadership in a complex world.
Supporting that mission is a staff of more than 10,000, which is rooted in a culture of excellence and values innovation, collaboration, and life-long learning. To foster the talents and aspirations of our staff, Stanford offers career development programs, competitive pay that reflects market trends and benefits that increase financial stability and promote healthy, fulfilling lives. An award-winning employer, Stanford offers an exceptional setting for professionals looking to advance their careers.