Wild Alaskan Company’s mission is to accelerate humanity’s transition to sustainable food systems by fostering meaningful, interconnected relationships between human beings, wild seafood and the planet.
We deliver wild-caught, sustainable seafood to households across the United States. Powered by our custom-built eCommerce platform and three generations of history and expertise in the Alaskan fishing industry, we constantly strive to meet our promise of a top-notch product and experience. And we do it all in a fully-remote environment that is fast-paced, challenging, and fun.
About the Role:
Wild Alaskan Company is looking for a creative, detail-oriented, analytical and highly motivated person to join the team as our Email and SMS Marketing Manager. You should be comfortable thinking strategically as well as rolling up your sleeves and executing. More generally, you should be thoughtful, organized, and a self-starter who works well cross-functionally and an excellent communicator.
The Email and SMS Marketing Manager will play a key role on the Wild Alaskan Growth team, reporting to the Director of Lifecycle and Retention, working cross functionally to ideate, build, and execute compelling email and SMS campaigns to drive customer LTV throughout the Member lifecycle for future, active and deactivated Members.
- Contribute to building the SMS channel from scratch.
- Manage triggered, transactional and all lifecycle messaging across digital channels - email, SMS, on-site posts.
- Work cross-functionally with our marketing and creative teams to brief, gather, develop, and build content for emails and SMS.
- Work cross-functionally with our Product and Engineering teams to ensure Member behaviors and attributes are connected to communication platforms.
- Maintain email and SMS marketing calendar aligning to the greater marketing calendar, making updates and changes as needed and communicating them internally.
- Lead email and SMS list health and monitor deliverability. Interface with email, and other vendors to troubleshoot and enhance email performance. Cleanse lists and manage the technical side of email/text marketing (deliverability, SPAM, etc.)
- Understand and help develop segmentation strategies; use internal data resources to filter and target appropriate segments. Recommend new attributes to enhance segmentation.
- Collaborate on a strategy for email and SMS capture on site and in our broader marketing programs to grow list size.
- Analyze customer data and generate actionable insights and retention strategy based on cohorts, customer segments and lifetime value.
- Evolve channels: Expand email and SMS plan to ensure strategies leverage the latest platform capabilities.
- Work with the Growth team to understand the customer’s journey; leverage customer journey mapping to increase retention and reduce churn.
- Stay up to date with and manage changing privacy policies and data access (i.e iOS 15).
- Compile and present weekly KPIs.
- At least 1 year of very relevant experience; 2 years preferred
- Proven track record of growing email and SMS channels for an e-commerce brand.
- Strong foundation with CRM/customer marketing programs, email marketing, and familiarity with analyzing customer LTV.
- Email and retention marketing experience.
- Experience analyzing data and elevating key insights to various internal audiences (cross-functional teams and company leadership), and experience applying data-driven thinking to creative conversations.
- Confident knowledge of Google Analytics.
- Experience working with internal and/or external creative teams and agencies
- Customer-centric — you understand our customer, from data analysis to market research to customer testing, and represent them in your work
- Creative, innovative and eager to work in a team with a scrappy mindset.
- Proficiency in HTML.
- Experience with Intercom and Klaviyo
- Experience with a high-growth subscription business
- Experience working on teams that rely on a project management tool (specifically Asana)
- Proficiency in SQL and Looker.
- Experience in copywriting or design
At Wild Alaskan, we believe diversity of backgrounds and perspectives makes us stronger. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant. We’re committed to creating a work environment that fosters growth, celebrates diversity and fundamentally makes all teammates feel welcome, accepted, nurtured and respected.