Are you motivated by the thrill of optimizing email and the consumer experience at scale?
Groupon is an experiences marketplace that brings people more ways to get the most out of their city or wherever they may be. By enabling real-time mobile commerce across local businesses, live events and travel destinations, Groupon helps people find and discover experiences––big and small, new and familiar––that make for a full, fun and rewarding life. Groupon helps local businesses grow and strengthen customer relationships––resulting in strong, vibrant communities. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success.
The Global Planning and Trade Optimization Specialist develops and implements internet marketing strategies to optimize the online user experience, increase marketing effectiveness and improve customer satisfaction. Executes online and digital marketing programs such as search optimization (paid and natural search), affiliated marketing, social networking, and viral marketing to create “buzz,” drive traffic and generate sales. Gathers and translates ideas into profitable, promotional marketing campaigns. Administers and executes online promotions. Conducts analysis for program effectiveness and uses the findings for market site enhancements and to leverage optimization of all programs. Works with corporate marketing team to maximize existing marketing initiatives and develop new ones.
You’ll Spend Time On The Following
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a great way to grow your career? Let's get into the details:
- Manage and execute against email/push marketing calendar and ensure alignment with business priorities, forecasts and internal stakeholders
- Ensure all campaigns comply with current email and push notification best practices
- Build and maintain a library of campaigns & resources
- Manage a testing calendar, record results and advise on improvements
- Report on daily and weekly campaign performance and identify opportunities for improvement
- Continually benchmark and provide recommendations for improving mobile communications
- Collaborate with product, merchandising and design teams on new templates
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of email and push marketing best practices
- Proofreading and editing reports
We’re Excited About You, If You Have
- 2+ years experience in email, push notifications, SMS and/or campaign management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Tableau and SQL
- A/B testing experience
- Strong project management skills and the the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects concurrently
- A track record of analyzing and optimizing campaign performance using A/B testing techniques
- Copywriting experience a plus
- Ability to collaborate effectively with others, but also function independently
Groupon's purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses. To learn more about the world's largest local ecommerce marketplace, click here for the latest Groupon news. Plus, be sure to check out the values that shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don't take our word for it. Hear from real Groupon team members and learn more about our inclusive employee groups. If all of this sounds like something that's a great fit for you, then click apply and let's see where this takes us.
Groupon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualifications for employment, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment are based upon the ability to perform the job. Equal-employment opportunities are provided to all applicants and employees without regard to race, creed, religion, color, age, national origin, sex, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, military discharge status (excluding dishonorable discharge), veteran status, citizenship status, or other legally protected status. We are all responsible for maintaining this policy. Groupon is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at hraccommodations at groupon.com. If you have concerns related to Groupon’s equal employment opportunities, you may contact Groupon's Ethics Reporting Service Ethicspoint.