As an Etsy employee, you can do the work you love, be yourself, and make an impact in the lives of millions. Our commitments to diversity and inclusion, team culture and the spaces where we work all reflect our mission to keep commerce human.
We are seeking an experienced email and push marketer to help expand the reach and personalization of our CRM channels, working closely with our Merchandising, Brand, Strategic Marketing, and Marketing Technology teams to innovate email and push marketing through automation and segmentation.
Etsy’s CRM team, part of the Growth Marketing team within the Etsy Marketing Organization, leads the strategy, data integration, production, deployment, and reporting of marketing campaigns that help more than 40 million buyers worldwide find and purchase the perfect item on Etsy and leaves them wanting to come back again and again, and provides over 3 million sellers with the guidance and support they need to continue to grow their business on Etsy.
This is a full-time, position located (eventually) in Brooklyn, NY, reporting to the Senior Marketing Marketing Manager, CRM. We offer flexible workplace policies that can accommodate work from home candidates who are comfortable traveling to an office location 2-3 times per week.
About the Role
We’re looking for someone who has shown success in driving channel engagement and buyer frequency through email and push marketing and is excited by the prospect of improving channel marketing through user segmentation, automation, content optimization, and product improvements. An ideal candidate is someone who can think strategically about messaging cadence, targeting, and user experience and execute our CRM strategy with agility and with a strong desire to work for a fast-paced company that does things differently.
- Lead strategic calendar planning in partnership with other Marketing teams such as Strategic Marketing, Brand, Design, and Product Marketing
- Lead day-to-day project management of the email and push production process and use HTML to build and deploy campaigns in partnership with the Editorial, Copy, Brand, and Design teams.
- Work with our Database Marketing team to target key buyer cohorts with personalized messaging and content at scale
- Execute longitudinal and multi-variant testing across multiple audiences and launch experiments to optimize the channel performance with a focus on meeting or exceed CRM goals, including buyer retention and seller growth.
- Implement continuous optimization of marketing platform features/tools
- Continuously improve processes and efficiency to ensure the team remains agile and responsive to the business.
- Deliver and maintain analytics reporting that measures the performance of each campaign and own email campaign insights on a daily, weekly, monthly, and annual basis.
- Proactively share daily and weekly updates on your work and your progress towards goals
- Contribute to ongoing CRM initiatives including continual optimization of channel strategy, platform, and related processes
- This role requires occasionally working outside of normal business hours such as weekends, late nights, or early mornings depending on campaign launch times
- 2+ years direct marketing experience with proven success in executing highly targeted email and push marketing programs in a fast-paced environment.
- Organized, efficient, and inventive leader with advanced problem solving skills, outstanding attention to detail, effective communication skills, and excellent time management abilities.
- Agile and quick to adapt to the evolving business needs and objectives but also acutely aware of long term goals.
- Accountability to deliver high quality work and are proactive to share new ideas with peers and leadership
- Highly collaborative and operate with integrity, confidence, and compassion.
- Passionate about supporting small businesses and deeply care about the Etsy buyer and seller experience.
- Understand CAN-SPAM/CASL/GDPR requirements and inbox deliverability standards.
- Understand the basics of data segmentation and data attribution: Some SQL knowledge preferred.
- Have worked with a third party email service provider: Braze preferred
- Have intermediate HTML skills
If you're interested in joining the team at Etsy, please send a cover letter and resume telling us why you'd be right for the position. As you’ve hopefully seen already, Etsy is a place that values individuality and variety. We don’t want you to be like everyone else — we want you to be like you! So write to us and tell us what you’re all about.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences to apply. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skillsets.