As an Etsy employee, you can do the work you love, be yourself, and make an impact in the lives of millions. Our commitments to diversity and inclusion, team culture and the spaces where we work all reflect our mission to keep commerce human.
We are seeking an experienced email and push marketer to help expand the reach and personalization of our CRM channels, working closely with our Merchandising, Brand, Strategic Marketing, and Marketing Technology teams to innovate email and push marketing through automation and segmentation.
Etsy’s CRM team, part of the Growth Marketing team within the Etsy Marketing Organization, manages the strategy, data integration, production, deployment, and reporting of marketing campaigns that help more than 40 million buyers worldwide find and purchase the perfect item on Etsy and leaves them wanting to come back again and again, and provides over 3 million sellers with the guidance and support they need to continue to grow their business on Etsy.
About The Role
We’re looking for someone who has shown success in driving channel engagement and buyer frequency through email and push marketing and is excited by the prospect of improving channel marketing through user segmentation, data-driven automation, content optimization, and product improvements. An ideal candidate is someone who can think strategically about messaging cadence, targeting, and user experience and execute our CRM strategy with agility, leveraging marketing automation technology, with a strong desire to work for a fast-paced company that does things differently.
- Strategic calendar planning in partnership with other Marketing teams such as Strategic Marketing, Brand, Design, and Product Marketing
- Work closely with the Database Marketing and Marketing Analytics team to identify and target key buyer cohorts with personalized messaging at scale
- Execute longitudinal and multi-variant testing across multiple audiences and launch experiments to optimize the channel performance with a focus on meeting or exceed CRM goals, including buyer retention and seller growth.
- Implement continuous optimization of marketing platform features/tools, and related processes to ensure the team remains agile and responsive to the business.
- Assisting with ad hoc initiatives as needed, including working with CRM automations on special projects.
- Use HTML to build and deploy emails as needed including quality assurance and proof all marketing campaigns.
- Programming push marketing campaigns with our Push lead
- Deliver and maintain analytics reporting that measures the performance of each campaign on a daily, weekly, monthly, and annual basis.
- Share daily and weekly updates on your work and your progress towards goals
- 3+ years direct marketing experience with proven success in executing highly targeted email and push marketing programs in a fast-paced environment.
- Organized, efficient, and inventive leader with advanced problem solving skills, outstanding attention to detail, effective communication skills, and excellent time management abilities.
- Agile and quick to adapt to the evolving business needs and objectives but also acutely aware of long term goals.
- Accountability to deliver high quality work and are proactive to share new ideas with peers and leadership
- Highly collaborative and operate with integrity, confidence, and compassion.
- Passionate about supporting small businesses and deeply care about the Etsy buyer and seller experience.
- Understand CAN-SPAM/CASL/GDPR requirements and inbox deliverability standards.
- Understand the basics of data segmentation and data attribution: Some SQL knowledge preferred.
- Have worked with a third party email service provider: Braze preferred
- Have intermediate HTML skills
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skillsets.