Looking for meaningful work that makes a positive impact on a global scale? This Email & On-site Marketing Manager role is a fantastic opportunity to shape the digital channel strategies for an innovative, industry-leading brand! This leader will join the Customer Lifecycle Marketing team within the Fisher Scientific channel North America Marketing department, to define and deliver on customer-facing email and homepage ad plans.
The Email & On-site Marketing Manager will work closely with diverse partners to collaborate on our email and on-site ad channel vision, by implementing planning calendars that market our value proposition to various customer personas, through one cohesive voice. This position will manage the overall email program and serve as a department subject matter expert for email and on-site ad marketing customer engagement. The Email & On-site Marketing Manager will also support process and performance optimization, as well as the scaling of new technology, capabilities, and platforms.
We’re looking for an upbeat, out-of-the-box problem solver to make a positive impact on our digital transformation! The ideal candidate is comfortable working with cross-functional teams, has strong organizational/project management skills, and always strives to find a better way.
- Define the email/on-site channel engagement strategy and voice, by partnering with key collaborators in the Market Development, Product Category, and Customer Lifecyle teams to understand business requirements
- Develop a deep understanding of customer personas and their channel accessibility, resulting in an outbound strategy to fill marketing calendars that flow customers across prospecting, nurturing, and engagement campaigns
- Collaborate with Marketing Planning Specialists to bring the email and on-site ad calendars to life, through tactics and a cadence that support a single, coordinated channel voice
- Educate colleagues on channel requirements to ensure scaling of rich content, including data science models/recommendations, videos/GIFs, photography, and other capabilities
- Continuously optimize channel processes by identifying gaps/opportunities, recommending solutions, and participating in process improvement projects
- Provide input, requirements, and support to the Marketing Science, Operations, and Corporate teams on new technology pilots, capabilities, segments/models, and automation, as needed
- Accountable for meeting/exceeding channel goals and supporting regular leadership report outs, including MBRs, QBRs, and other department presentations
- Proactively review and assess channel performance metrics, suggesting recommendations for optimization, strategy adjustments, and A/B testing opportunities that increase effectiveness
- Establish and launch email program for end customers, suppliers, and the commercial team, by influencing marketing content on standard emails, newsletters, triggers, abandon cart, transactional, and email templates
- Manage our email program health by leading email subscriber campaigns, new email subscription capabilities, and regularly reviewing/refreshing the email welcome series
- Serve as email channel engagement expert by staying current with competitor research, industry best practices/developments, new channel trends, and email laws/regulations
- Support the annual Supplier Funded Marketing Program, by collaborating on email and on-site ad packages
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, science, or related area
- 6+ years marketing experience
- 4+ years leading digital marketing channels (email, social, search, display, etc.)
- Experience and/or understanding of scientific or laboratory products
- Experience working in email marketing platforms (Eloqua, HubSpot, Constant Contact, etc.) preferred
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Ability to function in a sophisticated, matrix business environment
- Experience in campaign development, managing budgets, and operating plans with strong focus on process and detail
- Experience with digital marketing channels (email, social, search, display, etc.)
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work on multiple priorities and projects at the same time
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to manage through competing priorities and different perspectives
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, and analytical and critical thinking skills
- Self-directed and highly effective at getting results
- Passion for delivering high quality results on time
- Strong project management skills
- Process improvement mentality and leadership track record
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.