The Sr. Email & Mobile Analyst is responsible for executing, monitoring, reporting and optimizing email marketing and mobile campaign execution.
This role is critical in driving success through flawless execution across multiple digital channels to drive sales growth for stores and web properties; increase overall digital engagement rates, and be a key player in the evolution to a more personalized, journey-based digital experience for our customers.
- Leads, designs, and optimizes email and mobile messaging programs that drive traffic, sales, and profitability to stores and the ecommerce platform. Drives and evolves the platform evolution to meet company goals and expectations.
- Responsible for expanding Big Lots' use of email and mobile personalization and targeted segmentation to identify specific audiences for marketing campaigns. Adding dynamic content into emails such as rewards status, favorite stores, purchase/browse behaviors; and CMS integration with emails to create dynamic personalized content.
- Manages batch, transactional, triggered, and automated email marketing processes while optimizing send times. Plans, configures, and deploys use of automated email marketing within ESP.
- Be the steward of a 25M member email base to become best in class in execution and customer experience.
- Designs and implements Big Lots' transition from "batch & blast" messaging to templatized automations based on customer behaviors and/or affinities.
- Manages subscription preference center configurations.
- Owns and optimizes use of Salesforce Marketing Cloud. Responsible for platform configuration, integration with other systems, expert use of the Salesforce modules (Contact Builder, Audience Builder, Journey Builder, Contact Studio, Ad Studio, and Mobile Studio), and use of the personalization engines (Einstein, Reflektion, etc.) and integration within outgoing emails.
- Execution lead on potential new mobile channels including SMS/MMS and/or mobile applications or mobile wallet solutions.
- Serves as the key day-to-day contact between IT (Platform owner) and email marketing team (Business owner). Frequently partners with the IT, Content, Creative, and CRM teams. Drives and socializes best practices across the company.
- Develops initial and ongoing digital advertising strategies in partnership with leadership team based on company strategic pillars and goals (branding, engagement, sales, acquisition, etc.) using email and mobile channels.
- Ownership of reporting and insights for all email and mobile marketing metrics and analytics, including weekly/monthly dashboards.
- Strategizes and implements a "test & learn" approach for increasing engagement in email. Includes use of A/B testing and core testing themes such as personalization, frequency, best time, product recommendations, names, new journeys, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or related field; MBA preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience managing email and/or mobile programs for large organizations required.
- Strong knowledge of digital marketing tools, emerging trends, and capabilities required. 3-5 years of experience using Salesforce Marketing Cloud strongly preferred.
- Experience and skill in participating in cross functional teams and with vendor partners (both directly and indirectly) required.
- Expert knowledge of email channel (platforms, execution, triggered, segmentation) required.
- Experience integrating a CDP (Customer Data Platform) to ESP is a plus.
- Working knowledge of HTML, email coding, and assembly protocols required. Familiarity with URL personalization and tagging across channel campaigns is preferred.
- Highly analytical with proven ability to think strategically, solve problems creatively, and produce results in a fast-paced fluid environment required.
- Highly motivated team player with passion for digital marketing.
- Excellent written and verbal communications and presentation skills required, including executive level experience preferred.
- Ability to build and maintain solid working relationships with business partners and other team members required.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.