Essent Guaranty, Inc.
Founded in 2008, we are a private mortgage insurer, approved by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and licensed nationwide. We offer private mortgage insurance, also known as mortgage guaranty insurance, MI or private MI, for single-family mortgage loans in the United States, providing private capital to mitigate mortgage credit risk for lenders and investors. This, in turn, allows lenders to make additional mortgage financing available to prospective homeowners. We are focused on managing risk and dedicated to serving as a strong and fair counterparty. As a company, we bring strong private capital and a commitment to risk management to the mortgage insurance industry.
Email & Marketing Automation Manager
Essent is seeking an organized, results-oriented Email & Marketing Automation Manager responsible for leading the tactical execution of our email marketing strategy as well as contributing a strategic focus and delivering an engaging and cohesive inbox experience for lender prospects and customers. This individual is tasked with evolving existing email marketing processes, developing and executing email marketing strategies appropriate for our customer base, developing current and new vendor/agency partnerships and analyzing email metrics in order to make recommendations for improved effectiveness. This role will also help to evolve Essent’s email marketing strategy to include a CDP-powered email marketing channel, lead nurturing and automation programs in collaboration with business development and other business key stakeholders.
As a dynamic and resourceful professional, we will rely on you to perform the following duties:
- Manage the design and implementation of a wide range of email campaigns, including working collaboratively on creative development, list management and segmentation strategies, as well as technical development, metrics design, testing, execution, tracking and refinement. Includes all project management for email marketing initiatives.
- Drive the definition, implementation and maintenance of CDP-powered email channel, lead nurturing and automation programs that supports sales and company objectives.
- Understand the behaviors and trends of key customer segments and garner insights that are actionable. Conduct analysis of results and develop test plans to continuously improve email performance.
- Identify key performance indicators and standardize weekly, monthly, quarterly and/or yearly reporting to meaningfully interpret email engagement results and implications aligned to industry benchmarks.
- Optimize emails for deliverability, mobile rendering, open rates, etc.
- Be the subject matter expert in marketing application of email marketing strategies within our business. Stay current on latest technologies and trends and make quarterly recommendations to leverage them as potential brand differentiators in campaigns, email marketing etc.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communication or Business required.
- Three plus (3+) years of hands-on experience with the design and management of high-volume email campaigns and metrics.
- Email marketing experience using an enterprise ESP (Marketo (preferred), Eloqua, Salesforce/Exact Target), as well as a basic understanding of database infrastructure and familiarity with marketing capabilities of CRM platforms (SugarCRM, SFDC).
- Proven foundation of email best practices and broad understanding of digital marketing principles to ensure email messages are properly constructed to meet B2B industry and deliverability standards.
- Experience with best practices in email messaging, email technology, HTML delivery strategies, service providers, list management, IP reputation management and spam regulations.
- Google Analytics and/or other web analytics experience preferred.
- Experience working with consumer data platforms (CDP) a plus.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with a track record of outstanding results using email marketing communication channels.
- Demonstrated track record of setting and achieving aggressive marketing goals.
- Experience in B2B environment at mortgage, insurance or financial services institutions a plus.
- Solid technical understanding of the latest tools and capabilities for email communications.
- Ability to collaborate within the marketing team around the creative and editorial aspects of email campaigns.
- Results driven with exceptional detail and knowledge around metrics, specifically A/B testing.
- Proficient and up to date in email marketing best practices.
- Proficient and up to date in email marketing analytics.
- Ability to work a wide range of project types, from strategy, to process and metrics definition, to hands-on campaign management.
- Solid understanding of digital marketing and can manage and report on marketing campaign tracking, including sources across multiple channels like web, social, email, webinars, etc.
- Deep understanding of analytics with a proven track record of using data to drive decisions.
- Comfortable with HTML, CSS, Photoshop.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel (data analysis functions, pivot tables, charts), Word, and PowerPoint.
- Acute attention to detail in producing deliverables while understanding big-picture objectives and strategy.
Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and disability benefits. We work to maintain a positive environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. Essent is an Equal Opportunity Employer.