We hope you're interested in building a home with us. Even if you don't feel that you meet every requirement listed in this job description, we still encourage you to apply.
About The Team
As the Email & Lifecycle Marketing Manager, you will be part of a broader cross-functional team focused on leveraging data and analysis to drive strategy across all marketing channels with the ultimate goal of optimizing performance and delivering topline brand goals.
Overview Of The Role
As Email & Lifecycle Marketing Manager, you will develop, execute and evaluate marketing campaigns aimed at enhancing and optimizing the customer journey for West Elm. You’ll work closely with internal cross-functional teams including Site Experience, Creative, Email Product & Operations, Database Marketing and Customer Analytics, as well as with CRM partners across all our brands. This role has the option to be based in either San Francisco or New York City.
- Hybrid/flexible work schedule
- Craft strategic vision to optimize customer experience in email from point of acquisition through to post purchase, with a focus on a triggered email journeys.
- Develop email personalization & automation roadmap leveraging third party vendor relationship.
- Clarify, collect, and optimize requirements to build ad-hoc and automated triggered email communications.
- Lead projects to completion, owning all related tech integrations, project management & analysis. Act as key liaison across teams to deliver results.
- Identify and implement new tests and tactics, continually seeking to innovate to drive improved results.
- Develop deep understanding of West Elm product offering; identify customer life stages & devise 360 campaigns to communicate product and services relevant to their journey
- Analyze & report on program results, communicating takeaways, recommendations & clear actions based on the data.
- Partner with site experience team to identify synergies in personalization experiences across channels.
- Partner with peers on other WSI brands to share best practices in order to accelerate innovation.
- Proactively analyze competitive marketplace and stay abreast of email industry trends.
- Write effective creative briefs that include campaign objectives and strategic messaging.
- Minimum of 5+ years experience in a strategic, customer-focused marketing role; retail marketing strongly preferred
- 1-2 years experience developing customer journeys & lifecycle marketing programs
- Entrepreneurial, test and learn mindset with ability to action results quickly and pivot strategies when called for
- Strong creative and data-driven thinker capable of analyzing data, identifying trends and extracting actionable insights to drive results
- Analytical, proactive, problem-solver with an insatiable curiosity; bring creative solutions to take on challenges and meet business requirements.
- Passionate about direct marketing; deep understanding of audiences, online consumer behavior & customer journeys
- Excellent project management, communication, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- High technical competence with the ability to quickly ramp up on internal nuances related to people, processes, and technology.
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented, with excellent people and time-management skills
- Experience with CRM tools & analytics systems such as Adobe Analytics preferred
- Microsoft Excel and Outlook skills a must
- Basic familiarity with HTML/CSS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business or related field or equivalent experience
Benefits Just For You
Depending on your position and your location, here are a few highlights of what you might be eligible for:
- A generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brands
- A 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, holidays, and time off to volunteer
- Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits
- Tax-free commuter benefits
- A wellness program that supports your physical, financial, and emotional health
Your Journey in Continued Learning
- In-person and online learning opportunities through WSI University
- Cross-brand and cross-function career opportunities
- Resources for self-development
- Advisor (Mentor) program
- Career development workshops and learning programs
- Speaker series
WSI will not commence an immigration case or "sponsor" an individual for this position at this time (for example, H-1B or other employment-based immigration).
This role is not eligible for relocation assistance.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other applicable state or local laws and ordinances.
Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of high-quality products for the kitchen and home in the United States. Our family of brands are Williams Sonoma, Williams Sonoma Home, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn teen, pottery barn kids, Rejuvenation, Mark & Graham, west elm, or Outward. These brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We offer beautifully-designed, stylish and functional products for every area of the home, including the kitchen, living room, bedroom, home office, closet, laundry room and even outdoor spaces. We've seen some big changes since our first brick-and-mortar store opened more than half of a century ago. What hasn't changed is our passion for high-quality products, functional design, outstanding customer service, and enhancing the lives of our customers and the communities where we operate. Today, we're a multi-brand, multi-channel, global enterprise supported by state-of-the-art technology and some of the most talented teams in retailing - and we're always looking for new energy and ideas.