SoundHound Inc. builds voice AI products that make it easier for people to engage with the world around them. We do this by creating custom voice assistants that make it possible for companies to extend their brand in new and meaningful ways. Today, our customized voice AI solutions allow people to talk to phones, cars, smart speakers, mobile apps, coffee machines, and every other part of the emerging ‘voice-first’ world.
We’re seeking an experienced email and lifecycle marketer to grow the function within our marketing team. Reporting to the Director of Digital & Growth, the candidate for the role is a strong contributor who has a track record of cross-functional communication, data-driven storytelling, and a keen eye for creative execution. This person should be capable of spotting signals in our owned data and turning them into opportunities, ultimately driving information discovery, lead conversion, and deal acceleration at every stage of the B2B, B2C, B2B2C, and B2D buying cycles.
You will be responsible for building and representing SoundHound’s email marketing center of excellence by setting the communications cadence, segmentation strategy, and oversee day-to-day execution and administration of relevant systems and tools. Core responsibilities include owning email campaign execution, performance metrics for the channel, setting priorities, and ensuring that new content and regular outreach from SoundHound domains are deployed smoothly, on-time, and within scope.
In this role you will:
- Establish a foundation for an email marketing center of excellence
- Develop, implement, and manage “test and learn” strategies to support a rapidly scaling global business
- Publish an email content calendar that includes the timeline of specific campaigns and email programs
- Create an A/B testing roadmap (subject line, content, time of day, segmentation, frequency) we can use to iterate and improve upon existing and new initiatives
- Oversee end-to-end management (project, creative, and operational) of SoundHound’s email domains
- Create a plan that outlines what a performance marketing-based email communications strategy should be
- Define an approach to how we leverage user profiles and personas to reach the right audience, at the right time, with the right message to scale SoundHound’s acquisition, upsell, and retention programs
- Contribute to the email messaging strategy across a portfolio of industry segments
- Drive alignment with key stakeholders in revenue, sales, and customer success organizations
- Work with the marketing operations and data teams to build intelligent campaign automations based on relevant signals and data points
- Codify an engagement model for planning new initiative, brand programs, and product announcement campaigns
- Deliver a framework for quarterly performance insights and reporting on lifecycle initiatives
- Lead targeting and personalization strategies in partnership with the marketing and creative teams to drive engagement and deal acceleration
- Drive improvement across email KPIs including deliverability, open rate, click rate, conversion rate, opt-out rate, and revenue
We would love to hear from you if:
- You have previous experience running A/B tests designed to impact ARR and ARR-driving metrics through an email channel
- You can fluently articulate an outcome-oriented philosophy on email and lifecycle marketing
- You are comfortable managing multiple projects simultaneously with a focused attitude
- You are motivated capability to drive initiatives forward and meet specific KPIs (i.e, SAOs, upsells, contents downloads)
- You have short form copywriting skills (for testing/optimization)
- You have experience working with Litmus, Knak, or Salesforce
We would be especially excited if:
- You have 3+ years relevant, hands-on web and lifecycle marketing experience within a SaaS or high-growth company
- You have email database management expertise, including audience segmentation and list creation/maintenance
- You have working knowledge of HTML, CSS, SQL in order to build and code email templates as required
- You have understanding of the interaction between creative and performance across digital channels
- You have experience using Salesforce and analytics platforms to drive decision-making and iterative improvements
Here at SoundHound, diversity, equity, and inclusion are key to who we are as a company. With a mission to build voice AI for the world, creating a team with global perspectives is critical to our success.
We care deeply about fostering an environment where everyone is supported and can do their best work. SoundHound will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits of employment.
Employees enjoy comprehensive health care, paid time off, discounted fitness classes, and flexible working hours. Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and culture at https://soundhound.com/careers/.
Come join our growing team and bring your unique voice to our mission!