Reporting to the Director of Digital Marketing, you will deliver against acquisition and engagement goals, manage the contact database to help retain and acquire users. You will work to improve our email programs and drive high-quality leads and revenue growth across all market segments. You’ll build a continuous test and learn culture, mining campaign performance insights to inform future campaigns.
You'll have the opportunity to:
- Oversee the day-to-day management of all aspects related to the email deployment process from start to finish. This includes creative trafficking, implementation, deployment and optimization.
- Ownership and primary point of contact for all Hubspot functions.
- Build nurture, drip, and one-off email campaigns across multiple personas.
- Manage outside vendors to ensure that emails are coded per the stated requirements and delivered on-time.
- Demonstrated ability to be resourceful in the face of obstacles, take initiative to solve problems, and practice good judgment.
- Leads projects from idea stage through to successful completion and follow up analysis.
- Take ownership of managed initiatives through strong project management and organizational skills.
- Work closely with cross-functional collaborators and stakeholders (Design, Brand, Product, RevOps, Legal, Sales, Customer Success, Enablement, etc.) to get emails designed, approved, tested and deployed.
- Ownership of mapping the customer journeys using inputs from stakeholders.
- Ownership of contact scoring and routing.
- QA emails to ensure that emails are flawless and rendering correctly on every platform and device.
- Set up and execute A/B testing with a goal to improve key metrics like reach, open rates, click rates, conversion and unsub rates.
- Create and manage workflow automations.
- Monitor email delivery to ensure that our emails are landing in the inbox, correct Gmail tab, and our deliverability is in good standing.
- Analyze and report on campaign and program performance and optimization.
- Implement and ensure adherence to Email Marketing & CRM Best Practices.
We are looking for:
- 5+ years of proven experience in executing and managing lead gen email marketing campaigns required.
- Strong understanding of email marketing best practices, audience segmentation, customer databases, A/B test plans and conducting downstream analysis.
- Experience with Hubspot and Salesforce
- Basic knowledge of HTML preferred.
- Integration with Zoom Webinars is a plus.
- Familiarity with email design and coding concepts (HTML, CSS, Sketch, Figma, Coda).
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, prioritizing and completing requests in an efficient manner.
- Highly attentive to detail.
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and visual formats.
- Self-starter, reliable team player with strong initiative and the ability to thrive in a high-intensity environment.
In the United States the range is typically a salary of $110,000 to mid salary of $130,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. The range provided is Shopmonkey’s reasonable estimate of the base compensation for this role. The actual amount will be based on job-related and non-discriminatory factors such as location, experience, training, skills, and abilities. Consult with your Recruiter during the initial call to determine a more targeted range based on these job-related factors.
Shopmonkey has become an amazing environment where employees feel that they are valued as people, and not just worker bees. To ensure that our team thrives, we invest in the following perks:
🏡 Fully Remote Work!
- $1,000 to set up your home office
- $20 phone/internet monthly reimbursements
- Virtual activities and in-person meet-ups
- Laptop and super rad swag provided
- Unique opportunity: This is the best form of hybrid! All teams get to travel and meet up for collaboration at least once/year. Shopmonkey also hosts an annual company-wide get together we call Rally
💪🏼 Health & Wellness
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits available the 1st of the month following hire date
- Short term and long term disability
- Employee assistance program
- Generous parental leave
- 401(k) available upon hire
✈️ Time Off
- 11 paid holidays
- Flexible time off - take the time off you need!
🥰 Giving Back
- Matching donations for approved charitable organizations
- Group volunteer efforts
🌟 Personal & Professional Development
- Weekly internal product & company training sessions
- Monthly events & education activities focused on DEIB, personal and/or professional development
- Individual career progression plans and leadership/management training
Check out our founder’s story, life page, or hear from real employees about what it’s like to work at Shopmonkey.
Join our team of hungry, humble, smart people who love what they do, and change the auto industry by helping every shop thrive.
About The Industry
The U.S. is the second largest passenger vehicle market with more than 260 million registered passenger vehicles, and the global car repair market is estimated to be worth more than $500B. Shopmonkey aims to change the status quo and enable auto shops to become more efficient and give their customers a more delightful experience.
Shopmonkey is the leading auto-repair shop software company; it is a cloud-based solution that helps auto-repair shops consolidate tools, save time, and streamline their entire operation onto a simple, easy-to-use platform.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley and trusted by more than 3,500+ auto shops across the U.S. and Canada, Shopmonkey aims to change the status quo of the global car repair market, estimated to be worth more than $500B.
In 2021 Shopmonkey raised a $75 million Series C, supported by top-tier Silicon Valley venture capital firms Bessemer Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Headline, I2BF, and ICONIQ Growth.
In 2022, Shopmonkey was named #4 on Forbes' annual ranking of America's Best Startup Employers list (and #1 in Business Products & Software Services).
Shopmonkey is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We are looking for team members from all backgrounds that are committed to the Shopmonkey mission.
Shopmonkey provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Shopmonkey is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. In keeping with our our commitment, Shopmonkey will take the steps to assure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of the position, and/or to receive all other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our Talent Team at [email protected].