Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 alumni — and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
The Lifecycle Marketing Manager is a critical role on the General Assembly’s marketing team. Reporting to the Director of Lifecycle Marketing, you will help strategize and execute cutting-edge, funnel-driving customer journey touchpoints that deepen relationships with users around the world and nurture them across channels—with the right messaging at the right time—to enroll in our award-winning, career-accelerating programs. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to build a career in relationship marketing.
What you’ll do:
- Manage a robust testing roadmap that optimizes engagement and revenue from our key behaviorally driven lifecycle flows, including onboarding, lead nurture, and upsell.
- Strategize new ways to drive repeat revenue from workshop takers and course alumni.
- Manage dashboarding that tracks key lifecycle KPIs and health metrics and is presentation-ready for internal stakeholders.
- Manage our day-to-day relationship with our ESP / customer marketing platform, but also be a key supporter of advancing new product features and ensuring we get the best out of our tooling.
- Collaborate with product marketing to continually improve our core value props in key email touchpoints.
- Support conversational commerce and SMS as a growing marketing channel and critical customer touchpoint.
- Ideate ways to build our first-party data across key systems/platforms to tailor lifecycle strategies. Be able to support business cases that advocate for new tooling or required data and tech resources that enable this.
- Partner closely with the creative team to ensure our content strategy and content are woven into the DNA of our lifecycle strategy.
- Enable the acquisition/performance marketing team to better use first-party data and audience segmentation to increase efficiencies in paid media spend.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- You have a minimum of 4-5 years of experience in lifecycle and retention marketing. Experience in technology or education at an organization with a global customer base is a plus.
- You have expertise in creating and executing customer segmentation strategies and are familiar with enterprise-level email and customer marketing platform tools. Bonus if you have experience with Sailthru.
- You’re relentlessly customer-centric and love a good customer journey mapping exercise.
- You’re a data evangelist, seasoned A/B/(C/D/E) tester, and understand that data is the beating heart of all marketing decisions and priority setting. You’re Excel-proficient and have worked with an analytics tool like Tableau or Looker.
- You’re comfortable working with data teams and software engineers to get the data and tooling you need to deliver on your work.
- HTML familiarity is a plus. You don’t mind rolling up your sleeves to edit, QA, or deploy an email.
- You have exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- You’re a strategically scrappy and proactive doer who’s flexible and adapts well to a constantly evolving environment.
Remote in the US following states: AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, IL, KS, ME, MA, MI, MD, MN, MI, NC, NH, NY, OR, PN, RI, SC,TN, TX, UT, DC, WA, WI, VT, VA