We’re a trusted partner for small business owners that want a solution to the challenges of starting, running, and growing a business. We use technology and automation to provide fast and low-cost services, expert support, and a personalized dashboard that puts everything small business owners need at their fingertips. We are an Austin-based start-up that is excited about helping other entrepreneurs and business owners realize their dream of creating and growing a successful business. In doing so, we hope to radically shift the business landscape by empowering more people to be their own boss and become financially independent.
Being part of ZenBusiness means being part of a community of problem-solvers, doers and strategic thinkers. We offer our employees flexible work schedules, paid time off, health, vision and dental benefits, disability insurance and weekly virtual social events. We are a fully remote Texas-based company with team members in Texas, Florida, North Carolina, Illinois and Oregon.
What This Role Is
We are looking for a creative, analytical and highly motivated person to join our Marketing team as Email & Lifecycle Marketing Lead. You will play a key role in owning, driving and implementing cross-channel strategies that optimize customer lifetime value (LTV) across Web, Email, Customer Success, In-Product and SMS. As the first Email & Lifecycle Marketing hire, you will build a conversational marketing framework for onboarding, engagement, attach/upgrade and retention. Your work will drive demand for our products and build customer loyalty. As we grow, you will have the ability to expand and shape the Conversational Marketing function to personalize, automate and scale.
What You Will Do
- Own and drive omni-channel strategies for customer lifecycle communications and marketing campaigns with immediate focus on Email.
- Manage all lifecycle communications including onboarding, engagement, attach & upgrade, and retention.
- Develop customer engagement and attach strategies that reflect an understanding of customer needs and intent.
- Optimize engagement and conversion through the development of customer segmentation, effective A/B and multivariate tests.
- Evaluate new opportunities, prioritize for testing and drive execution to improve customer engagement and conversion.
- Establish a rigorous analytical framework and manage the performance and reporting of marketing/lifecycle initiatives.
- Interpret campaign performance data and turn them into actionable business insights and improvement recommendations.
- Be a strategic thinker, problem solver and communicator who is focused on building meaningful and impactful long-term relationships with customers.
- Partners closely with cross-functions such as extended Marketing, Product Management, Data and User Experience teams to execute at a rapid pace.
What You Will Need
- Proven capabilities in marketing strategy conception, development and execution.
- Proven ability to use customer-centric, data-driven insights to drive decisions that lead to superior customer experience and business outcome.
- Extensive knowledge of customer journey, lifecycle campaigns and segmented communication strategies.
- In-depth knowledge of email best practices to increase deliverability, engagement, and conversions.
- Experience with creating compelling messages for different customer segments.
- Highly analytical and ability to elevate key insights to various internal audiences.
- High energy level, with a bias for action and accountability.
- High degree of self-starting initiative and organization.
- 5+ years of marketing experience with 3+ years focused on customer lifecycle campaign management and email nurture and retention.
- Hands-on experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud a plus.