If you are looking to join one of Canada’s fastest growing companies, goeasy Ltd. is the place for you! Recognized as Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, GTA's Top 100 Employers, one of Canada’s Top 50 Fintech’s and North America’s Most Engaged Workplaces, we want the best and brightest to join our team.
We are a publicly traded company on the TSX with over 4000% shareholder return since 2001, goeasy operates two main business units. Accredited by the Better Business Bureau, easyfinancial is our consumer lending business that offers secured and unsecured installment loans of up to $45,000 and easyhome is Canada’s largest merchandise lease-to-own company. It is our vision to provide everyday Canadians the path for a better tomorrow, today by giving them access to the credit they need and by offering them a second chance when they have been turned down by banks and traditional lenders. With a retail network of nearly 400 locations across Canada and over 2000 employees, we are able to build lasting relationships with our customers as we help them rebuild their credit and graduate towards prime rates and a brighter financial future.
We are seeking a customer centric, analytical and results-oriented Email & Direct Marketing Specialist. This role champions the email channel as a primary means of connecting 1:1 with our prospects and clients, with a laser focus on delivering a high frequency and high-performance email strategy. In this role you will execute email campaigns and work closely with stakeholders and vendors to design world class email marketing campaigns and assist Marketing in driving customer engagement and its direct link to shareholder value. Our team leads all aspects of email marketing – including but not limited to planning, deployment, optimization and performance analysis – while ensuring goeasy brands are protected and delivered via a world-class customer experience.
- Manage and execute all day-to-day email marketing activities including, email campaign set-up, scheduling, testing, tagging and deployment of one-time, recurring, triggered, and dynamic customer driven campaigns and journeys
- Provide domain expertise and be the point person for email and marketing automation platform using Salesforce Marketing Cloud and act as the subject matter expert on email and marketing automation best practices
- Build and code email campaigns using HTML, database file/segment selection, and quality assurance of all outbound campaigns
- Troubleshoot technical issues related to HTML templates, list segmentation, and other aspects of email execution, as required
- Build logic, validate and implement automated workflows and triggered email deployments
- Execute A/B tests/experiments including, but not limited to, conversion optimization, and executing on the optimization roadmap; and provide actionable insights for email performance optimization
- Serve as an expert relative to compliance & best practices, list clean-up, prospect and subscriber segmentation, improving email deliverability, data integrity, etc
- Build and refine event-based triggers and lifecycle messaging across the customer lifecycle
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders such as Marketing, Sales, Support, IT to ensure alignment on business needs and requirements
- Analyze data to get smart insights, make recommendations for improvements to existing campaigns, and identify possible new campaigns based on these insights
- Support with design and execution of segmentation and content personalization strategy
- Recommend best practice and manage process documentation to ensure a record of the email program
- Provide support to identify new strategies and opportunities to use the email channel to drive lead generation and customer acquisition in innovative and impactful ways
What you bring to the role:
- You understand everything there is to know about the core pillars of strategic email marketing - flows, campaigns, database and segmentation, deliverability, creative and A/B testing
- You are an exceptional communicator and collaborator. You keep up with latest marketing trends and pay attention to those that drive real results – engagement and conversion
- You are analytical. You test, measure, and iterate in order to drive results. You can analyze and manipulate large sets of data to create easy-to-understand reports
- You have a fundamental understanding of strong UI/UX design and conversion-optimized copy and design. You can identify impactful creative and clearly communicate strategic improvements and optimizations
- You are organized and can execute a variety of campaigns including Sales, Transactional Service and Lifecycle Management
- And finally, you are a Marketing Cloud expert. You understand the tool and the data needed to power automations
- 3+ years of email marketing experience with the focus on email deployments
- 3+ years of experience in a role where you’re turning quantitative and qualitative data into insights, which become the basis for testing various methods and tactics in collaboration with a fully integrated marketing team and across a diverse digital ecosystem
- Experience with Marketing Tech – Specifically Marketing Cloud – to enable automation
- Knowledge of the day-to-day process of email deployment and execution
- Understanding of SQL queries and Database
- Respected and decisive personality with demonstrated ability to support team members with obstacles and efficiently resolve conflicts
- Exceptional technical writing skills with a proven ability to write clear and effective copy
- Macro-to-micro versatility: strategic mindset coupled with a keen attention to detail
- Well-rounded interpersonal skills, and experience interacting with diverse personalities
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment, directly with people at levels and from across the various areas including IT, Marketing, Product, Operations and Customer Experience
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills and the ability to balance multiple priorities
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
goeasy is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, goeasy is committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with all legislative requirements throughout Canada. Please let us know if you require an accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check, credit check, and validation of their work experience to qualify for hire.
We thank all interested applicants, however we will only be contacting those for interview who possess the skills and qualifications outlined above.