The home of the Suns and Mercury just underwent a $230M transformation. The reimagined arena will be the preeminent destination for sports and entertainment in the Southwest. With a Suns team making its return to the NBA Playoffs and competing with the league’s best and a Mercury team in pursuit of their 4th WNBA championship, there is no better time to become a team member of an organization on the rise. The Suns are emblematic of the energy and youth of the NBA, which continues to the be the global sports leader in innovation and community. The Suns’ stars of today, both on-and-off the court, will continue to evolve the story of one of the league’s most exciting franchises.
The Phoenix Suns are seeking a dynamic and experienced marketing professional specializing in email, marketing automation, customer database and advertising to join our talented brand marketing team. This individual will be responsible for the organization’s email marketing strategy, and will drive the growth and optimization of the marketing database. The Marketing Manager will work closely with our Business Intelligence and Ticket Sales teams to develop and execute the best customer journey for various segments in an effort to maximize engagement and revenue. This individual will be tasked with aligning campaigns with the audiences and placements that will produce the most interaction and return from both new and existing customers. The ideal candidate is a utility player, creative and analytical thinker who excels in applying marketing and organization skills to a rapidly changing/fast paced environment.
What You Will Do
- Strategize and execute effective email and database marketing campaigns for all Suns Legacy Partners properties, including, but not limited to the Phoenix Suns, Phoenix Mercury, and arena concerts and events
- Maintain, grow and improve organization’s contact marketing database
- Work with multiple departments, including Sales, Service, Marketing, GPS, Business Intelligence and Communications to execute marketing campaigns from inception through completion developing relevant messages to targeted groups.
- Approach position with a data-driven mindset focused on results and optimization.
- Analyze performance metrics to enhance message performance and database growth to ensure maximum efficiency across all efforts.
- Partner with data analytics team for business intelligence reporting needs
- Track email deliverability to properly maintain a healthy sender reputation
- Drive the strategy and implementation of customer journey campaigns
- Maintains regular and reliable attendance
What We Need From Our Manager
- Experience in Eloqua or other major Marketing Automation Platforms
- Knowledge of key email fundamentals: responsive design, CAN-SPAM compliance, deliverability, A/B testing, etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs
- Analyze and Report on Email performance metrics
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Basic HTML knowledge
- Effective time and project management skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced working environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to work independently and within a cross-functional team
- Manage assets and communication with other departments
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (required)
- 3+ years of experience in Email Marketing & Database Marketing (required)
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop (preferred)
- Familiarity with Microsoft Dynamics CRM Platform (preferred)
- Experience with A/B Testing Marketing Emails (required)
- Experience segmenting audiences to maximize campaign effectiveness (required)
Work environment & Physical Demands
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by a teammate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends as needed
- Occasional travel from time to time for professional development
- Mostly indoor work, outdoor work possible but rare
- Must be able to lift at least 25lbs
- Must be able to work in front of a computer screen during the work day
- Ability to Read, Write & Speak in English
The Phoenix Suns are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.