Tinybeans is a publicly traded tech company that is in active growth mode, continuing to invest in fulfilling our mission: to connect parents and their families with the most trusted tools on the planet to help them thrive. We’re welcoming more people to our platforms than ever before and playing an even more important role in parents’ lives.
With a platform reach of over 20 million users, a deep content partnership with Apple and a 5-star App Store rating, Tinybeans is on a mission to help families create real connections with each other and with tailored resources to help them thrive.
Your Part In Our Mission...
To help us reach our goals, we need a passionate and performance-obsessed email and CRM marketing manager with a growth mindset to rapidly scale and engage our prospect and customer communities to drive revenue and customer growth.
In this role you’ll define and execute the entire lifecycle marketing strategy and own the end-to-end execution of email, SMS and push marketing initiatives. You’ll partner across teams to develop segment- and campaign-specific outbound marketing campaigns, programs and workflows that effectively deliver the right message to the right customer at the right time to achieve business and marketing objectives.
You’re the ideal candidate if you’re an experienced CRM and email marketer with experience building and implementing strategies from the ground up. You’ll bring a data-driven approach to an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment. You're not only strategic, but a tactical CRM marketer who possesses inherent analytical skills, sharp business acumen, an entrepreneurial spirit, a desire to test and learn, and a passion for continual improvement.
This position reports to Tinybeans’ Director of Performance Marketing can be done from anywhere in the United States.
What You'll Be Doing...
Your mission is simple: Rapidly grow the Tinybeans community through data-driven CRM and outbound marketing programs that include email, SMS and push notifications to accelerate the growth of the Tinybeans community and business.
Developing email and CRM strategies grounded in customer data and analytics
- Gaining a deep understanding of Tinybeans customer segments, so you know the best way to reach, engage, and attract them to the Tinybeans community.
- Creating an email and CRM strategy that achieves performance goals by capturing attention, nurturing and engaging, and creating lifelong customers through database marketing, segmentation and propensity modeling, and trigger-based and personalized outbound (email/SMS/push) campaigns.
- Establishing and maintaining our audience marketing campaign calendar. You’ll recommend and maintain a calendar of email, SMS and push notification marketing campaigns designed to generate maximum prospect and customer engagement.
- Brainstorming new ideas to reach your audiences. You’re always looking for new and compelling outbound marketing ideas, and turning those ideas into campaigns that make sense for our business.
Developing, executing and optimizing marketing campaigns from the ground up
- Spearheading the development of breakthrough campaigns. You'll partner with creative team members and agencies to develop messaging and creative that grabs attention and sells.
- Deploying outbound email, SMS and push notification marketing campaigns. You will be working on the tools to build the campaigns, execute the campaigns, and measure the effectiveness of the campaigns. This includes deliverability testing and A/B testing.
- Developing and optimizing personalized journeys to deliver relevant messages using an omni-channel, multi-touch approach and conversion rate optimization.
- Tracking and analyzing campaign metrics and executing A/B and multivariate tests. You’ll be developing A/B and multivariate testing strategies to see what’s working, what's not, and turning that data into reports so we can incorporate those improvements into future campaigns. You will summarize program results into actionable insights that you, other marketing team members, and the editorial team can use to improve future program results
- Evaluating, selecting, and implementing new email and CRM martech solutions and data strategies to optimize and improve business results.
- Documenting and maintaining all email and CRM processes, procedures, programs, and technical processes and workflows. You’ll reinforce these practices and act as the first line of defense for our outbound marketing platforms.
- Assuring the quality of our work. QA is a big part of your job. We have a lot of moving parts here at Tinybeans and we need someone with an eye for the details. Someone who can test how emails, SMSs and push notifications render across devices and browsers, and catch the tiniest of details that look off. Someone who understands how all of the pieces fit together, makes sure every detail is covered, and is confident they’ll catch any errors before marketing material gets in front of our customers.
Measuring, analyzing and optimizing program performance
- Measuring the impact of your programs. You’re manically data-driven and love rolling up your sleeves and digging into the data to learn what’s working and where improvements are needed, and then refining your campaigns and programs to continually improve and optimize business results.
- Developing actionable reports and insights. You’ll be developing A/B and multivariate testing strategies to see what’s working, what's not, and turning that data into actionable reports and incorporating those improvements into future campaigns. You will summarize program results into actionable insights that you, other marketing team members, and the editorial team can use to improve future program results
- Reviewing, analyzing, and communicating program performance. You’ll identify trends and opportunities and develop best practices to increase efficiency and effectiveness of campaign results.
We will …
- Provide you with flexible Work From Home policy
- Expose you to all aspects of a start-up experiencing incredible growth.
- Enable you to make a difference globally
- Welcome you to be part of a publicly-traded company with a global reach
- Offer you competitive compensation + yearly stock options
- Health, dental, vision, and 401K
- Encourage you to recharge your batteries; Generous time off policy, additional sick & personal time, and 10 paid holidays
- A playful team that supports one another like family
Who We're Looking For...
- You’re passionate about what you do. You thrive on being the email and CRM marketing expert and growth driver who ideates, plans, executes and optimizes all things email and CRM marketing to drive business results. You have a knack for developing great ideas, but also taking ideas, and planning out the steps needed to turn the idea into a reality…and that’s what energizes you every day.
- You know how to influence people and sell. You have an understanding of the key, often timeless principles of influence and persuasion and how they can be applied to performance marketing. You have a knack for recognizing high-quality, high-integrity ads, design, copy and funnels that have been specifically designed to sell.
- You understand how our prospects and customers think and what they do. You are deeply curious about how people think and why they take action. From qualitative JTBD interviews to quantitative analysis, you'll prioritize gathering data and understanding our audiences and customer lifecycles.
- You know the tools of the trade. You're well-versed in email and CRM martech solutions. You understand the lingo, the mysterious algorithms that drive them, and what factors drive smart strategy.
- You can switch gears at the drop of a hat. You're a highly organized problem-solver with the ability to multitask and re-prioritize your work in a changing environment. You’re okay with things shifting as new information is available, and you can plan as you go. You don't mind managing multiple projects, and have the ability to juggle a few things at once.
- You’re a prioritizing multi-tasker with a sense of urgency. You’re a highly organized problem-solver, you know how to prioritize, adapt quickly when the scope changes—because it often will—and thrive in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- You want—need—to make things better. You are constantly looking at ways to improve processes and add efficiencies. Your instinct is to document everything so others can follow your path to greatness.
- You know how to zoom in and zoom out. You can navigate between the big picture and small details. You are able to understand the overall strategy of a marketing campaign and identify all of the small details required to execute it.
- You’re an exceptional communicator. You know how to inspire and be heard. You know the importance of communication, especially when to speak up and when to listen. You aren’t afraid to ask questions and get clarity when you need it.
- You can effectively work remotely. You have strong self-structure and discipline, and have worked remotely either currently or in the past, so you know the benefits and the challenges.
This is an incredible opportunity, if you’re the right person for it.
- Must-Have #1: You understand great email and CRM marketing. You have 5+ years experience in CRM, email, SMS, lifecycle marketing, or similar role. You have a passion for customer-centric marketing and a proven track record in a fast growing business. You’re a strategic and tactical marketer who possesses inherent analytical and CRM marketing skills, sharp business acumen, an entrepreneurial spirit, a desire to test and learn, and a passion for continual improvement.
- Must-Have #2: You’re experienced. You have successfully developed, deployed and optimized email and CRM strategies and campaigns from A to Z (not just managed an agency that did it on your behalf). You have a solid understanding of email fundamentals and KPIs, and you have experience running A/B tests and providing actionable recommendations. You have reporting experience; knowledge of email and outbound metrics and you're able to identify trends and translate data into actionable business insights.
- Must-Have #3: You have a strong track record of success. You’ve not only developed and executed successful email and CRM programs, but you have something to show for it. You’ll have examples of programs that have rapidly increased marketable databases, engagement, subscribers, LTV, and revenue.
At Tinybeans, we work hard and are committed to building a diverse team, fostering an inclusive culture, and investing in equity across our organization. Together, with our different perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds, our people are successful in jobs and are better able to address the needs of our customers.