Outdoor Prolink is a members-only pro deal site for professionals working in the outdoor industry. We are seeking a new teammate for our Marketing team! The Marketing team works directly with our 140+ outdoor brand partners - like Black Diamond, Dynafit, Big Agnes, and Arc’teryx to name a few - to drive their pro channel strategies on Outdoor Prolink, market their products to Outdoor Prolink members, and grow awareness of their brand and products in the professional community and beyond. We are looking for a content marketing guru who can help us level-up our email marketing strategy and drive more revenue from email by designing beautiful and engaging email campaigns, creating robust email marketing automations, implementing improved targeting and segmentation strategies and more. This person will also help us continue to grow our blog, DirtbagDreams, and our social media presence with blog writing, copy editing, and social media coordination.
- Email Campaign Planning:Collaborate with Account Managers to create an email marketing calendar for Outdoor Prolink brands with the goal of driving e-commerce sales. Create a segmentation and personalization strategy to highlight different brand verticals, seasons and product categories.
- Email Design:Utilize Photoshop and Klaviyo to design beautiful, effective email campaigns. Write engaging, informative and fun email copy. Measure email performance metrics like open rate, click rate, order placed rate etc. to refine content and strategy.
- Email List Management: Maintain preference center in Klaviyo. Segment email list to increase engagement metrics and improve deliverability metrics.
- Marketing Automation: Manage all email automation flows and transactional emails in Klaviyo and Sendgrid. Maintain and update content in flows and transactional emails. Measure performance and make changes to improve results. Monthly meetings with Klaviyo account manager to drive automation strategy and execution. Collaborate with Development team to maintain email integration with Outdoor Prolink data and champion new email and automation features.
- Email Marketing Conversion Optimization:Leverage email tools and other reports to understand email performance. Run A/B tests and experiments with email campaigns and flows. Refine and optimize email campaigns to increase engagement and revenue.
- Content Marketing Strategy Support + Execution:Work with Marketing Manager to build and execute upon a holistic content marketing strategy across all of Outdoor Prolink’s channels and verticals.
- Blog Writing + Copy Editing: Write SEO-optimized blogs for Dirtbag Dreams, and copy edit blogs and gear reviews from our network of contributors.
- Social Media Support:Support the social team with writing and scheduling social posts, engaging with our community and designing social-optimized graphics.
- General Graphic Design / Content Support - Help out the marketing, sales and membership teams with periodic graphic design and content requests.
The ideal candidate is:
- An experienced email marketer: Strong background in digital marketing, specifically with building successful email marketing strategies and campaigns.
- A multi-faceted digital + content marketer: Diverse experience with blog writing, SEO, copy editing, social media marketing is a must.
- A savvy designer: Loves making things pretty! Can whip up some beautiful and effective email graphics and build out engaging email campaigns. Experienced with Photoshop and other graphic design programs.
- Creative: Excels at crafting compelling, fun and engaging email campaigns that showcase products and services in an enticing way. Takes a creative approach to segmentation and personalization of emails.
- Results-driven:Goal and deadline focused. Comfortable in a fast-paced and results-oriented team. Super organized!
- Analytical:Comfortable utilizing analytics tools to understand performance and mine for opportunities.
- A self-starter: Is excited to learn and experiment with new ideas. Works independently to solve problems.
- A team player:Loves to collaborate, brainstorm and work with a team. Exercises diplomacy in the face of adversity. Stays positive, motivated and all-around-stoked (and inspires others to do the same)!
- 2+ years of experience in email marketing, graphic design or marketing automation.
- 2+ years of experience in graphic design. Ability to use Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and other modern graphic design software.
- 2+ years of experience in content marketing and/or digital marketing.
- Experience with modern email marketing tools like Klaviyo and Sendgrid.
- Experience with PowerBI, Excel, Google Analytics or other reporting/analytics tools and software.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, design or related field.
Reports to:Marketing Manager
Salary: Starting at $55,000 per year DOE
Hybrid-remote:1-2 days/week in Boulder office (more during onboarding/training)