The Citizenry partners with artisans around the world to create home goods that blend our modern style with their time-tested craftsmanship. We sell our exclusive collections online & in our New York Flagship store, delivering new standards of quality, transparency, and social responsibility for retail.
That’s where you come in. We are currently seeking an Email & Customer Data Platform Manager to lead a data-driven, growth-oriented email and SMS program. This cross-functional role will work closely with Brand Marketing and Creative teams to produce best-in-class promotional, lifecycle and transactional messaging. You must be a high-level strategic thinker and day-to-day executer, equally able to craft a program roadmap and handle campaign deployment.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter that understands the power of email to build lasting customer relationships and is always in-the-know on the latest industry trends. An email guru through-and-through, you have extensive, hands-on experience with one or more ESP, and you’re up to the challenge of running a platform transition, building new lifecycle programs and segments, and coding campaigns.
In this role, you will transform data into insights that drive optimization and segmentation, utilizing a Customer Data Platform to identify key opportunities. You’ll manage our growing SMS program, establishing a balanced cadence across channels to maximize performance. The right candidate is eager to play a critical role in a growing business, driving engagement and incremental revenue through thoughtful data activation.
- Own the email-service provider relationship, from managing platform transition (as needed) to campaign execution, including segmentation, coding and deployment across all campaign types
- Establish goals and KPIs for the email program and report to the broader team on weekly, monthly and annual basis
- Apply critical insights, testing results and industry best practices to continually optimize and refine campaigns
- Drive engaged user list growth through innovative opt-in strategies and development of a preference center
- Craft strategic plans for lifecycle and transactional messaging, from concept to implementation timelines
- Develop an ongoing testing strategy that allows for iterative improvement
- Partner with brand marketing and creative teams to execute promotional email messages, providing insights that optimize segmentation, content and cadence
- Manage SMS program, from strategy to execution, owning list growth, compliance and campaign deployment
- Own our Customer Data Platform, from managing the integration process and data mapping to utilizing the platform to fuel deep and meaningful segmentation to unlock incremental opportunity across the business
- Roll up your sleeves and fill in gaps when needed (after all, we are a startup)
- 5+ years of email marketing experience for e-commerce brand or digital agency; startup experience a plus.
- Strong technical knowledge of email service providers (Klaviyo, Bronto, Cordial or similar) - from platform implementation to day-to-day experience with campaign execution
- Demonstrated history of growing email engagement and revenue through list growth, continuous testing, personalization and segmentation.
- Strong analytical chops, with a proven ability to craft clear and concise strategic recommendations from complex data sets
- Experience with Customer Data Platform software (Amperity, BlueVenn, Segment or similar)
- A working understanding of statistical concepts critical for A/B testing and optimization
- Working knowledge of regulatory environment as it relates to email and SMS marketing (GDPR, CCPA, CASL)
About The Citizenry
The Citizenry is a modern home brand created to inspire people to fill their homes with more meaningful items crafted by the best artisans around the world.
We believe a design can only be as beautiful as the environment in which it’s made, so we demand quality – not just in our designs we create, but also in the lives of the artisans we partner with. We partner with thousands of artisans to craft our exclusive collections, and on average, each is paid wages that are more than two times the fair-trade standard.
The Citizenry was recently named one of Fast Company’s Top 20 Most Innovative Retail Companies and Interbrand’s Top Breakthrough Brands of 2020. Since launching in August 2014, the company has been featured in The New York Times, Financial Times, Vogue, and many other publications.
We chose the name “The Citizenry” to reflect the collective of individuals – artisans, designers, and dreamers – who rally together across cultures and continents to bring our collections to life.
As an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and believe our team is better when we have different perspectives, identities, origins, and abilities working together.
We welcome your application and look forward to getting to know you and your story.
Some Benefits & Perks Of Working At The Citizenry
Three weeks/year flexible vacation time
Health, dental, and vision insurance
Fitness & Wellness reimbursement
Access to a beautiful on-site gym
Inspiring office environment stocked with craft coffee and healthy snacks
Summer/Fall 2021: Flexible in-office schedule, planning 2 - 3 days in Dallas office
Allowances and discounts for really pretty home goods
Relocation package, if needed