Assessing market trends, quantifying opportunities and developing marketing programs, Field Marketing at Dell Technologies is at the forefront of customer engagement. Responsible for a specific location, department or product, our teams drive marcom strategy – from making budget recommendations to defining roadmaps and informing content themes. Interacting directly with customers and utilizing third-party customer data, they provide Dell’s product marketing and messaging team with game-changing feedback. At the highest level, they develop and drive marketing policies and activities, from market research through brand management and product development to pricing. Join us to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact as an Email Analytics & Insights Lead on our Global Marketing team in Round Rock, Texas.
This is an opportunity to work as the Email Analytics & Insights Lead serving Dell Technologies, Consumer and Small business segments for UK, Germany, France, and Sweden markets.
In this role, you are a creative problem solver using your intellectual curiosity, project management skills, and passion for analytics to effectively manage, define and shape the role. What sets you apart, is your ability to translate advanced analytical concepts to non-technical stakeholders, helping drive changes to the business with your recommendations on how email campaigns have to evolve. As part of the Global Consumer Small Business Marketing Technology Media Planning Analytics, Reporting & Visualization team, you'll be the key driver of email performance improvement within the domain of email marketing. You'll be developing analytical solutions to generate actionable insights on customer acquisition, product preference, and responsiveness to email contents, contact timing and frequency, conversion performance (promotional effectiveness) and so on. As a go-to person of email campaign analytics, you will be working closely with marketing stakeholders to capture their testing needs, build test roadmaps, design tests, perform statistical analysis, generate insights in PowerPoint with good storytelling, and continue to track value of your service to the business. You'll also work as a POC to marketing stakeholders as SME of emails connecting business needs to appropriate parties, ensuring delivery of desired outcome as a project manager.
- Develop roadmap of email performance tests closely working with marketing stakeholders
- Document email test results and drive strategy from it
- Partner with email deliverability vendor and improve deliverability (with better reputation management)
- Guild business on design of email campaigns to be measurable from various metrics stand point with sample sizing, holdout sizing and selection of effective statistical method
- Assist cross functional teams with end-to-end emails campaign testing initiatives from tracking set up to, campaign execution and output data collection
- Provide analysis of and insight from campaign result using trending analysis, statistical A/B testing analysis
- Slice and dice complex data into meaningful conclusions that can be turned into actionable decisions
- Partner with stakeholders to develop actionable insights that maximize engagement and business adoption of recommendation
- Perform statistical analysis to drive reliable conclusion using regression analysis, ANOVA, Chi-square analysis, sampling analysis, time series analysis, clustering/ PCA/ Factor analysis
- Design power point slides to have clear story telling of insights and recommendations of analysis in the context of business with appropriate charts, graphs and words
- Manage intake and tracking of business requests
- Capacity management of global group of analytics
- Project manage business engagement model of email analytics function of the team with stakeholders
- Provide campaign reporting
- 6+ years of marketing analytics years in marketing planning or strategy; total of 6+ years of professional experience, in email marketing is preferred
- Knowledge in fundamental statistics theories
- Proficiency in R, SAS preferred
- Proficiency in MS excel to build statistical models is required
- Logical thinking and storytelling capability is desired
- Attention to details in creative (look and feel of marketing assets)
- Hands-on experience with analytics, e.g. Google Analytics, Adobe, etc.
- Working knowledge or hands-on experience with email marketing automation platforms
- Exceptional power point skills in creating insights with visuals and story telling
- Strong written/oral communication skills; proficiency in English is required
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Project management skill in clearly defining project deliverables, timelines, and dependencies with input from team members and internal stakeholders
- Work independently as well as successfully within a team
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA a plus
- Major in statistics, marketing, mathematics, or industrial engineering preferred
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.