This position is in our innovative Business Intelligence department working with a team of eight professionals. The primary focus of this role is to support database marketing and growth through daily email building and testing. A further focus is to build customer marketing lists for email sends and lead a cohesive strategy for long-term email inclusion lists and contribute to the creation and execution of our email and digital marketing strategy. This role collaborates and works closely with various internal departments including, marketing, creative services, digital, partnerships, sales, public relations, and ticket operations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Hornets Sports & Entertainment provides valuable benefits and competitive time off policies to help you and your family lead healthy, balanced lives.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Build and test dynamic, customer centric email campaigns; executing high volume numbers on hard timelines while always adhering to best-in-industry standards
- Build and continuously update our customer marketing lists to receive our emails
- Handle, and update subscription lists
- Support maintaining the Hornets master email calendar
- Assist department manager on marketing list segmentation, verify testing programs, utilize our third-party Email Service Provider (ESP – Marketo), upload files, troubleshoot issues, etc.
- Assist in the creation of landing pages, forms, and event registration portals between Marketo and CRM
- Assist in building automated customer journeys, trigger campaigns and custom email templates
- Collaborate on initiatives to convert our database users into ticket purchasers and season tickets holders
- Conduct metric tracking and strategic evaluations of email campaigns and share data internally (open/click rates, etc.)
- Stay current with evolving trends and technology
- Other duties as assigned by Manager
Required Skills, Experience And Abilities
To perform the job successfully, the candidate should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this job :
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Ability to build and work within custom email templates using HTML
- Ideally proven understanding and experience with Photoshop, In Design, Tableau and any CRM platform (Microsoft Dynamics, SalesForce, etc.)
- Quantitative skills with ability to identify and share insights
- Knowledge of customer experience and customer relationship management objectives and programs
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality
- Presents self in professional manner and can interact with all levels of organization and outside contacts
- Social skills –listens to others, works well in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills including written and verbal; ability to present ideas clearly and concisely
- Planning and organizing, can prioritize work activities; uses time efficiently
- Detail Oriented
- Flexibility – adapts to change in the work environment
- Dependability – consistently at work on time, completes what is asked of them, responds to manager’s instructions
- Strong computer skills – including all Microsoft Office software programs
- Available to work some of the game days including nights, weekends, holidays
- Ability to attend organizational events