The E-Mail Marketing Specialist supports digital engagement of NAIS target audiences through the effective use of email to drive interest, demand, and conversion at various stages of the marketing funnel. The specialist works in collaboration with marketing, content, membership and other teams across the organization to build lists, manage segments, write and edit copy, and develop acquisition and nurture campaigns to strengthen the NAIS brand, achieve membership recruitment and retention goals, drive event participation, increase product sales, and other communication needs.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with staff, senior leaders, executives, and cross-organizational teams to carry out email campaigns.
- Participate in strategic planning of email marketing campaigns including target audience identification, scheduling and calendar management, and engagement and reengagement strategies.
- Use email and/or marketing automation system to create, edit, and update multiple ongoing campaigns daily.
- Manage the planning and creation of assets, optimization, segmentation strategy, and template setup to ensure deliverability and that emails are mobile-friendly
- Work with different teams to write and review copy, develop graphics and digital ads, and identify other digital assets to create compelling and engaging communications.
- Manage and maintain the email review process by effectively communicating deadlines, sending reminders, sharing updates, and ensuring timely delivery of all emails.
- Test and review all email campaigns prior to send, including A/B testing, to optimize email open and conversion rates.
- Explore and establish new opportunities for marketing automation and manage list sign-ups and API integrations for internal collaboration across teams.
- Maintain knowledge of email marketing best practices, strategies, and industry standards, including display of subject lines, preheader text, use of images, video and other techniques.
- Develop monthly and quarterly reports on campaign metrics, key findings, and other observations.
- Collaborate with and support channel marketing and content strategy teams to implement a fully integrated, cross channel strategy.
- Significant experience managing digital and email marketing in a complex, fast-paced environment
- Experience with enterprise email marketing platforms and/or marketing automation software
- Experience creating high-impact email marketing campaigns
- Outstanding copywriting and copyediting skills
- Photoshop, InDesign, Adobe Acrobat Pro experience highly desirable
- Working knowledge of HTML
- Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Video-conference applications such as Zoom and/or Microsoft Teams
- Project-management tools such as ClickUp, Basecamp, or similar
- Initiative: Deals with situations and issues proactively, seeking opportunities that arise.
- Visual/Creativity: Knows how to employ visual and creative skills along with e-marketing trends and best practices when crafting emails for marketing campaigns.
- Collaboration Skills: Develops and manages relationships to carry out work assignments and achieve department goals. Works cooperatively with others toward common goals/objectives and utilizes tactfulness, diplomacy, and ethical behavior.
- Teamwork and Cultural Competence: Promotes cooperation and commitment within the team; seeks input from others, helps others achieve goals and deliverables, and shows consideration for and respect for individual differences. Actively listens, demonstrating an elevated level of empathy, and using effective engagement skills to help create a welcoming environment and establish the appreciation of similarities and differences among cultures.
- Problem-Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in team problem-solving situations.
- Adaptability: Adjusts to circumstances and environments and to people’s diverse work styles.
- Technical Capacity: Adapts to new technology when needed.
- Minimum of 2+ years of work experience in mass email communications or marketing.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or certification in a related field.
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks/activities simultaneously while maintaining quality.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work efficiently, independently, and as part of a team; to communicate regularly; and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; able to adapt and learn new software and web-based systems. Campaign Monitor and ClickUp experience are a plus.
NAIS provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, personal appearance, marital status, family responsibilities, political affiliation, amnesty, matriculation, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Disclaimer: This document describes the position currently available. It is not an employment contract. NAIS reserves the right to modify job duties or job descriptions at any time, as determined by the needs of the organization.