GEICO is looking for a highly motivated E-Mail & Web Marketing Specialist with a passion for creating, testing and deploying emails and webpages that focus on a frictionless customer experience and follow best practices. You will be a part of the GEICO | BoatUS IT team supporting several lines of business, and deploy emails using the WhatCounts Email Marketing Platform. You will be working in a business environment with a wide variety of teams including marketing, compliance and other department stakeholders.
Your responsibilities will also include building out and editing html-based webpages for BoatUS.com using Sitecore Content Management System. In this role, you will oversee and enforce the email communications cadence to all customers using a shared calendar and maintaining the global opt-out list. In this role you conduct and analyze results for a/b email testing. Another focus will be to work with the larger content team to strategize and implement customer journeys across the website and other marketing channels.
As we continue to integrate boat lines of business with GEICO, you’ll also be asked to help identify opportunities for integration and in developing a long-term strategy for integration within the GEICO email and website environments.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent years in digital marketing, user experience, information technology, or business-related field.
- One to two years’ experience in an email marketing or website design role
- Proven ability to create emails using HTML and Inline CSS
- Proficient use of Adobe Creative Suite
- Hands-on experience running a/b email and website tests
- Broad understanding of email and website best practices and ability to follow a company-provided digital style guide
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Strong organizational skills to be able to focus on multiple tasks and projects at once
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail is required
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, including communicating technical issues to non-technical audiences
- Knowledge or practice of UX design
- Interest in digital marketing trends, best practices
- Experience working as part of a larger digital team (in-house or agency)
- Prior experience using WhatCounts email platform
- Prior experience using Sitecore CMS
At GEICO, we make sure you have the support and resources to leverage and develop your skills, secure your financial future, and take care of your health and well-being. GEICO continually seeks to provide a workplace where everyone can be their authentic self. To help achieve this goal, we support associate-led Employee Resource Groups that foster a true sense of community. Through GEICO’s competitive benefits offerings and various training and development opportunities, we have you covered with our Total Rewards Program* that includes:
- Premier Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with no waiting period**
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Parental Leave
- 401(k) Plan with Profit Sharing
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Training and Licensures
*Benefits may be different by location. Benefit eligibility requirements vary and may include length of service.
**Coverage begins with the pay period after hire date. Must enroll in New Hire Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire for coverage to take effect.
GEICO is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to cultivating an environment where equal employment opportunities are available to all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. GEICO celebrates diversity and believes it is critical to our success. As such, we are committed to recruit, develop and retain the most talented individuals to join our team.
To ensure our associates receive the training and support needed to excel and thrive, associates hired for this position are generally required to work at the GEICO building during their orientation period. GEICO follows federal and state guidance and legal requirements regarding measures designed to limit the spread of COVID-19, including masking and social distancing. Measures may vary by GEICO location.