chess24 was launched in 2014 and has grown into the best destination for watching top chess tournaments and enjoying the highest quality chess content online.
Play Magnus, an Oslo-based company backed by World Chess Champion Magnus Carlsen, also launched in 2014, and in March 2019 the two companies combined forces. Play Magnus brings expertise in mobile apps and education along with the direct involvement of arguably the greatest chess player of all time.The goal remains to deliver the world’s best chess experience.
We are currently looking for an e-mail and Marketing manager who will take ownership of the newsletter and e-mailing to our chess24 users.
- Create various email lists and campaigns
- Able to articulate design requirements for email template
- Support in the building of the overall email marketing strategy, with a view to ownership
- Test every campaigns success
- Determine email marketing KPIs
- Develop and present reports on a weekly basis
- Able to support in the development of a lead generation strategy
- Create and design various CTAs and email templates, including able to write in a consumer-friendly manner
- Create smart email lists
- Increase email subscriptions
- Analyze data to get smart insights
- Suggest methods for improvements
- Segment lists based on behaviors like past email engagement and website interactions
- Develop documentation and road maps for processes, A/B tests, and promotions that succeed through email.
- English proficiency native level.
- Sound experience in email marketing (management or support capacity)
- Advanced working knowledge of ESPs (Mailchimp & Mandrill preferable).'
- Experience using Litmus, or another method of testing for high attention to detail
- Experience in working across a cross-functional team.
- Good working knowledge of copywriting
- BA/BS or equivalent working experience
- Past experience with email marketing, lead nurturing, marketing automation, and/or web analytics
- Ability to execute email campaigns/journeys from conception to completion (every stage).
- Customer lifecycle knowledge and supporting VP Marketing
- Ability to organise and support the email marketing calendar
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Understanding of good email deliverability
- Understanding of compliancy such as GDPR/CAN-SPAM
- Ability to ask/seek/review the right data and act upon this
- Passion for chess
- A keen eye for Design
- Basic HTML email template knowledge
- 🕐 Flexible working hours
- 🚢 40 days of holiday (including all statutory and other public holidays in your place of residence)
- 🎁 Birthday off
- 🏠 Work from home or office
Play Magnus group and chess24 are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to support and create a diverse work environment. We are hiring without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation or identity, family or marital status, religion, nationality or disability status. The interview processes are conducted fairly based on your experience and skills. We look for and value the most talented people. Everyone is welcome!