The Director, Strategy is a key role within the Data Axle Strategy and Consulting group. This position is central to developing successful client relationships as a trusted strategic advisor who identifies business opportunities and creates innovative marketing strategies to achieve them. This person will lead a wide range of projects including market analyses, competitive assessments, audience and persona development, product launch strategies, communications plans, new media campaigns, onboarding and CRM optimization, marketing technology audits and more. Programs are designed to help Clients acquire new customers, expand relationships with the ones they already have, and create greater brand loyalty.
The ideal candidate will have an insatiable curiosity combined with the ability to translate data into intelligence and ideas. They’ll be both a creative and critical thinker, fascinated by brands and people, digitally connected and curious, with an appetite for emerging technology and everything in between.
Data Axle is a marketing intelligence agency that thinks in data, insight, and technology. Fueled by real-time business intelligence, we take an insight-centric approach to people-based marketing strategy that enables more meaningful, more engaging brand experiences... helping to connect marketers to the people that care most about their products and services, driving greater value for both.
The location for this role is 100% remote.
- Provide data-driven marketing thought leadership both to Clients and within Data Axle
- Audit and assess Client marketing initiatives and go-to-market plan to develop go-forward strategic vision and holistic communication plans
- Work side-by-side with Client Service teams to provide strategic insight and leadership across marketing, communications, creative and direct/digital media
- Develop detailed multi-channel contact strategies and tactics with an emphasis on customer engagement and lifetime value
- Leverage insight and intelligence to create value for Clients via innovative strategies that present clear objectives, audiences, messages, media, and metrics Review and analyze Client customer data to help identify target insights
- Analyze Client consumer/customer experience and develop ideas for optimization
- Help identify new and actionable business insights, strategies, and tactics to address client business objectives; identify areas of opportunity for current clients
- Develop integrated, cost-effective direct and digital marketing, creative and media strategies with multi-channel contact plans and tactics across a full range of direct, digital and interactive marketing including direct mail, email, display, social media marketing, search engine optimization, search engine marketing and pay-per-click, CTV and mobile
- Develop creative briefs with insights that inspire creative concepts and content, and ensure creative is in line with strategic direction
- Develop consumer journeys across multiple media/channels
- Design and execute test plans
- Work with internal teams as needed to execute direct and digital strategies/campaigns; Coordinate key initiatives with other Data Axle functional areas (i.e., Technology, Media Services, Creative Services)
- Proactively bring forward opportunistic ideas to take advantage of new insights, Client or Data Axle offerings, new media or technology, or current events
- Help create audience “intelligence” reports, data dashboards and trend updates, lead periodic reviews and generate actionable insights & recommendations
- Partner with Data Axle sales team to provide strategic thought leadership and pitch data-driven marketing strategies in an effort to win new business accounts and programs/projects
- Create presentations and recommendations to key Client and internal Data Axle stakeholders/executives that influence decisions at all levels
- Develop case studies and industry articles; participate in industry events to help build the Data Axle brand
- Interact in dynamic, team-based work environment to support company goals, help meet agency expectations and develop strategic, analytic, and interpersonal skills
- Develop and nurture relationships with clients
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities:
- Understanding of marketing technology, data and identity graphs, media, and messaging
- Understanding of digital platforms and tools
- Experience analyzing data and using it to drive insight, strategy, tests and measurement, and tangible financial value
- Experience preparing and delivering presentations to Clients, agencies, vendors, and internal cross-functional groups is essential
- Demonstrated experience and skill with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong understanding of standard marketing campaign metrics and KPIs
- Ability to identify quantifiable trends across campaign data
- Ability to create and deliver effective presentations to disparate marketing audiences, including high-level decision makers
- Critical thinker; strong quantitative reasoning, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Experience and interest in both quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Ability to take a leadership position on the team and with clients
- Goal-oriented with strong organizational, interpersonal, and work management skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to effectively lead multiple projects and manage against deadlines
- Ability to adapt quickly to change; willingness to take initiative and use good judgment to craft solutions to challenges
- Exceptional ability to communicate complicated concepts simply and clearly
- Strong written and verbal communications skills; strong presentation skills
Education, Experience, and Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Psychology, Business, or related field; or equivalent working experience required*
- 4-5+ years of enterprise level work experience required*
- 2-3 years of prior marketing and fundraising experience in not-for-profit space desired
- Strategic offline/online marketing experience
- Prior experience in digital marketing, program management, email marketing, multi-channel marketing and client relationship building desired
If you are a resident of California, Colorado, Washington, or New York City, please contact us or email us at [email protected] to receive compensation and benefits information for this role. Please include the job title and/or job ID of the role you are interested in.
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement:
At Data Axle, we are committed to attracting, retaining, and engaging employees from all walks of life. Diversity is an important part of our values and business operations. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment that promotes professional development for everyone. As part of that commitment, Data Axle does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, status as a disabled veteran and or Vietnam Era or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. In addition, Data Axle will provide reasonable accommodation for otherwise qualified disabled individuals.