Director, Segment Marketing
Do you love travel and want an opportunity to help deliver an incredible trip experience to our travelers? Expedia Group is looking for an experienced senior lifecycle marketing leader with specific expertise in retention and churn, ideally including working on subscription businesses, that includes predictive models and investing based on customer LTV across channels. This is a critical role and is at the Director level. We are looking for someone with excellent analytical, project management, and communication skills. We are seeking someone who is highly innovative and will champion change, working on targeted,engaging campaignsacross Email, In Product, Push, and SMS. This role will have dedicated resources but cross functional cooperation with a broader team will be critical to success.
What You'll Do
- Own the overall strategy and suite of tactics needed to drive churn reduction including leading the charge to create new capabilities against aggressive business goals
- Have primary responsibility for program KPI’s
- Seek specific opportunities to enhance the traveler experience preventing churn and ensuring retentionthrough driving new efforts that are based on data and analytical insights
- Create and drive forward a prioritized development roadmap & backlog from a business perspective in partnership with product and tech counterparts
- Project manage the delivery of new communications and improvements to existing programs - the role is focused on the strategic and analytical side of campaign planning as well as execution and involves working with, where appropriate, Product, Engineering, Operations, and other Marketing teams
- Ensure stakeholder alignment, technical & creative briefing, pre-launch UAT, launch & MVT testing (both self-serve and through MarTech)
- Understand the performance trend of these efforts, actively seek out improvements and deliver on recommendations
- Work closely with Analytics, Loyalty, Lifecycle, App, and Campaign Monitoring teams to identify opportunities to integrate with other efforts that may overlap or complement this initiative
- Communicate the strategic vision, project progress and performance of the programs to senior stakeholders in a clear, structured and succinct manner
- Work across a number of brands within the Expedia portfoliocollaborating with multiple teams and managing multiple stakeholders to ensure visibility and brand alignment
- Build and lead a team of marketing managers and campaign owners
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, or related field, or equivalent related professional experience; Graduate degree a plus
- At least10 years' experience in a hands-on and progressing to leadership roles in email / digital marketing role, preferably in the e-commerce and/or online marketing space with specific experience in retention based on predictive efforts
- Specific experience with using LTV to determine marketing investment
- Experience in customer journeys, utilizing data and customer behavior to design automated journeys
- Experience working with technology platforms and technology teams
- Strong analytical skills and exposure to multivariate testing techniques
- Demonstrable attention to detail in dealing with complex projects and time-sensitive initiatives
- Knowledge of customer databases, loyalty programs, HTML and/or travel industry experience a plus
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Experience with Jira, Trello and Tableau, Salesforce or other email marketing and campaign management tools are all a plus
The total cash range for this position in New York City is $196,000 to $274,500.
Employees in this role have the potential to increase their pay up to $313,500, which is the top of the range, based on ongoing, demonstrated, and sustained performance in the role.
The total cash range for this position in West Hollywood is $184,500 to $258,000. Employees in this role have the potential to increase their pay up to $295,000, which is the top of the range, based on ongoing, demonstrated, and sustained performance in the role.
The total cash range for this position in Austin is $184,500 to $258,000. Employees in this role have the potential to increase their pay up to $295,000, which is the top of the range, based on ongoing, demonstrated, and sustained performance in the role.
The total cash range for this position in Seattle is $184,500.00 to $258,000.00. Employees in this role have the potential to increase their pay up to $295,000.00, which is the top of the range, based on ongoing, demonstrated, and sustained performance in the role.
Starting pay for this role will vary based on multiple factors, including location, available budget, and an individual’s knowledge, skills, and experience. Pay ranges may be modified in the future.
Expedia Group is proud to offer a wide range of benefits to support employees and their families, including medical/dental/vision, paid time off, and an Employee Assistance Program. To fuel each employee’s passion for travel, we offer a wellness & travel reimbursement, travel discounts, and an International Airlines Travel Agent (IATAN) membership. View our full list of benefits .
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.