At Veyl Ventures we prioritize people, pets and the planet. We partner with the very best in the health and wellness industry to bring innovative and sustainably minded products to life. Our team of over one hundred employees spans the globe bringing unique perspectives to the table and has proven time and again it can break new ground all while efficiently scaling brands and ensuring accelerated success.
We are seeking an experienced marketing professional to oversee all CRM marketing efforts at Veyl.. You will be responsible for the strategy and execution across all owned customer communication channels. You will play a critical role in improving customer retention and increasing lifetime value across our customer base. You will work closely with cross-functional partners such as Creative, Sales and Customer Success teams.
The Director of Retention Marketing, will develop strategies that segment, grow and retain customers. The ideal candidate has a customer-first mindset and is passionate about running a team focused on understanding our customers’ experiences across all channels including website, email, SMS, landing pages, referral programs, direct mail and more to drive business growth and customer retention.
This position will partner cross-functionally with acquisition, brand, data, sales teams to create a true lifecycle marketing experience that attracts customers, converts, retains, and delivers on the best customer experience.
Drive Repeat Purchases:
- Develop strategies specifically aimed at moving customers from their first purchase to their second, third, fourth, and beyond.
- Identify and target segments of one-time buyers with personalized campaigns to encourage repeat buying behavior.
Enhance Customer Engagement:
- Design and implement engagement campaigns that keep our brand top-of-mind for our customers.
- Own direct mail and catalog, seasonal programs, prospecting and retention programs.
- Own email marketing, including batch, life-cycle programs, triggered and transactional emails.
- Collaborate with the content team to create compelling health and wellness content that resonates with our audience and drives engagement.
Loyalty Program Development:
- Spearhead the creation and management of a loyalty program that rewards repeat purchases and brand advocacy.
- Continuously optimize the loyalty program based on customer feedback and data insights.
Reduce Customer Churn:
- Analyze churn data to identify patterns and root causes.
- Develop and implement strategies to re-engage at-risk customers and reduce overall churn rates.
Transition One-Time Buyers:
- Design campaigns specifically targeting one-time buyers to introduce them to the benefits of our subscription offerings.
- Collaborate with the product team to ensure our subscription offerings meet the evolving needs of our customers.
- Oversee the development and execution of comprehensive lifecycle marketing strategies to enhance customer retention, upselling, cross-selling, and referrals.
- Partner with each of the brand GM’s to develop and execute strategies that achieve each category’s goals.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Growth, Product, Insights, and Data, to ensure alignment and effectiveness of marketing initiatives.
Customer Insights & Analytics:
- Dive deep into customer data to identify trends, behaviors, and opportunities for engagement.
- Use analytics to inform and refine lifecycle marketing initiatives, ensuring they resonate with our health-conscious audience.
Campaign Development & Execution:
- Design and implement onboarding, re-engagement, and win-back campaigns that resonate with our audience's health and wellness goals.
- Drive innovation by identifying loyalty attributes and testing new ideas including online product offerings, website optimization, data feeds, and other future applications with specific attention to product specifications, use cases, and functionality requirements for the internal development team.
- Continuously test and optimize campaigns to ensure maximum impact and ROI.
- Lead and mentor a team of lifecycle marketing professionals, fostering a culture of innovation and excellence.
- Bachelor’s degree with 7+ year’s Marketing experience, with at least 4 years of experience in relevant CRM channels or Retention marketing functions
- Demonstrated history of growing LTV retention and retention revenue
- Experience in fast-growing, digital-first ecommerce or consumer services strongly preferred
- Analytical and data-driven with demonstrated ability to understand key performance drivers and turn insights into actionable and successful tactics. Experience leveraging BI Tools, such as Looker and Google Analytics, for analysis.
- Strong understanding of email marketing programs, performance drivers and metrics. Experience with one or more of the major email marketing platforms.
- Significant experience developing and executing A/B tests to continually improve performance.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and manage competing priorities.
- Exceptional communication skills
- Scrappy, resourceful, and believes in getting things done
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO and paid holidays
- Summer Fridays - We provide downtime the first Friday in July, August and September
- Paid Volunteer Time Off to connect with your community
- Company- sponsored wellness programs
- 100% remote opportunities
- Company-sponsored health insurance and 401k
- Free products upon hiring and employee discounts for all of our brands
Veyl Ventures is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer!
At Veyl we strive to have a team of professionals that reflects the diversity of our customers. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we prohibit discrimination and harrassment of any kind. We believe diversity and inclusion is the cornerstone of any successful company and seek to recruit the best and brightest from a wide array of backgrounds. If you think you’d be a good fit, we’d love to talk to you!