Minted is seeking an experienced, dynamic e-commerce marketer to lead Minted’s strategic acquisition and retention marketing efforts. You will be responsible for developing innovative approaches to recruiting customers in key life stages (e.g., wedding, new baby) and driving significant LTV (lifetime value) expansion across the Minted portfolio. This is a unique opportunity for a strategic, analytical leader to develop and execute strategies that make Minted a destination that customers discover at a personal milestone and return to for all of their meaningful life moments.
You will partner with each of the businesses’ general managers (GMs) to develop and execute strategies that achieve each category’s goals. And, you will own the creation and execution of CEO and Board-sponsored strategies to convert Minted customers across categories, increasing company-wide LTV. This highly visible, highly cross-functional role will partner across categories and functions to drive results. Just for example, you will work with Analytics to uncover customer insights; Product Management to deliver the best and stickiest online customer experiences; and Brand to deliver personalized creative experiences that continue to elevate the Minted brand.
- Own holistic Minted retention strategy, including cross-functional strategies to drive LTV within each category, and to convert customers across Minted categories
- Own strategy for customer experiences that drive repeat behavior (e.g., address book, personal dates); partner with product management to bring these strategies to life.
- Own loyalty programs, including managing and evolving our existing program, Minted More, and defining and launching new programs
- Own lead generation partnerships for each of Minted’s target customer segments - wedding, moms, and art. Pursue creative strategic partnerships to scale new customer acquisition
- Own onsite lead generation, including developing strategies to drive “shallow conversions”, e.g., sampling, quizzes, etc.
- Own direct mail and catalog, spanning evergreen and seasonal programs, prospecting and retention programs
- Own email marketing, including batch, lifecycle programs, triggered, and transactional emails
- Own identification and launch of new channels, such as text/SMS or push notifications
- A strategic, consumer-centric thinker. You are a superb strategist who has proven the ability to identify opportunities and a sound strategic path to achieve them. You understand consumer segments deeply and intuitively, and you naturally gravitate to the consumer when answering questions or considering strategies.
- Results oriented. You are most comfortable in work environments which are outcome-oriented and merit-based, and are highly motivated by goal accomplishment.
- Receptive to change. You are flexible, adaptable, innovative, and open in response to competitive pressure and market change.
- A curious generalist. You are interested in and comfortable engaging across many businesses, including working directly with GMs of several very different businesses, plus analytics, product management, engineering, brand, and more.
- A shopper or collector. You have strong natural retail insights and an understanding of how and why consumers use Minted products, informed by a personal interest in shopping or collecting design or fashion goods. You have strong personal passion for Minted’s categories of products.
- A strong cross-functional and team leader, fun to work with and for, effective in influencing and coaching others and collaborating with them to create phenomenal results.
- Strong track record of building, managing and mentoring high performance teams. You have a high bar for talent and will continuously raise the bar at Minted.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
- 10+ years of marketing and/or eCommerce experience
Minted is a design platform bringing the best in independent design to consumers everywhere. The company's art, stationery, and textiles products have reached over 75 million homes worldwide.
Minted uses technology to bring unique, best-selling design to market at scale. Using its crowdsourcing technology, consumers are empowered to vote for the designs they love and want to see sold, ensuring that Minted always sells continuously fresh and trend-forward product. The winning designs are manufactured by Minted, enabling artists from around the world to share and sell their work while letting Minted do the rest. Since launch in 2007, the company has expanded to serve consumers in new categories including wall art, textiles, digital content and home decor, as well as serve major retailers and consumer products brands with data-backed design through licensing and wholesale partnerships.