The Lifecycle Marketing team is transforming the way BARK engages with its millions of customers. We're mobilizing big data, clever creative and multiple channels to build a 1:1 communications experience that anticipates and answers each customer's needs across their lifetime with BARK (from prospect nurture & conversion to subscriber engagement & upsell to long-term retention & loyalty). If imagineering programs that deliver the right solution to the right dog at the right time sets your tail a-wagging (metaphorically speaking), then come join us!
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We are hiring a Director of Lifecycle Marketing - Retention & Loyalty to lead the development of programs that drive subscriber engagement and long-term loyalty. Partnering closely with our Product and Data teams, you will be responsible for understanding the needs of subscribers and the dogs they love, and creating communications programs that engage and delight them. The role requires a knack for driving strategy through data, the creative sensibilities to turn that strategy into customer-relevant programs, and the ability to work collaboratively and cross-functionality. If you're a data hound who loves real-life hounds (not to mention Poodles and Bulldogs and Labs) then this role's for you.
- Lead the development of onboarding and loyalty programs that drive long-term retention, combining data-driven insights with a creative and humanized approach to communications.
- Craft personalization and segmentation strategies to more efficiently and consistently answer the needs of our subscribers and their dogs based on a variety of attributes, including age, breed, region and more.
- Develop omnichannel programs that expand subscriber communications beyond email and traditional CRM channels, while increasing relevance and value to the BARK customer.
- Analyze and interpret behaviors that drive increased retention rates, particularly in the onboarding window, and create programs to optimize that activity.
- Partner with Data team to understand behaviors that put subscribers at risk for churn, and develop programs to address those concerns and drive reengagement.
- Generate and test new concepts and tactics that transform insights into action; scale successful pilots and create on-going business optimizations.
- Partner with cross-functional teams (Product, Data, Customer Care, Growth) as well as product line Experience Managers to ensure a consistent customer experience.
- Take ownership of all KPIs for your programs and lifecycle segments, and communicate results to BARK's leadership team.
- 7+ years of Retention or Loyalty Marketing experience in a direct-to-consumer environment; experience with subscription services a plus.
- Experience building communications programs through CRM or marketing automation systems a must (Simon Data, Braze, Iterable, HubSpot or similar platform).
- Demonstrated experience working with data to drive insights, inspire campaigns and inform strategy.
- Proven experience with campaign development, from briefs through working with creative teams to launch.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree required; Business Analytics or Marketing degree preferred.
- Extremely comfortable working in Excel to manipulate data and build reports.
- Experience coding in languages like SQL is beneficial – the desire to learn is a must.
- Must be well-versed in testing strategies (A/B, multivariate, etc) and associated tools and best practices.
- Excellent communication, organizational and project management skills. Ability to work between teams and functions with high autonomy and little guidance.
This position is a full-time position. It is located on-site at our office in New York City. We offer health insurance for both you and your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, and a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Here at BARK, we love dogs and their people. We're looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (we're not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs and their people through our products, events, and experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, and our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats and clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys and treats to the dogs across the world and use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives and ways to make magic between dogs and their people. We've since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.