Hint is on a mission to help America fall in love with water. Our main product line, unsweetened Hint water, is the country’s #1 flavored water and one of the fastest growing products over the past five years in grocery, mass, club and online.
Starting with a customer’s first purchase online or signup for email or other owned channels, Hint’s Director of Lifecycle Marketing will partner with our DTC and executive leadership teams to guide the customer pathway to purchase and engagement. You'll help build relationships with our consumers via owned channels such as email, SMS and our customer loyalty program. This role will report to the SVP of eCommerce and also take direction from executive leadership.
The successful candidate loves partnering with executives to bring their vision for the consumer journey to life. You will further develop and segment our communications strategy, ensuring that each customer gets the right type and frequency of communication. We’re looking for candidates with the experience and creativity to help us build relationships with new customers, whether those customers start with deep passion for our brand, a love of our founder, or simply enjoy drinking water infused with the mouthwatering taste of real fruit.
Location: This is a full-time role and will be based out of our New York or San Francisco office. Relocation is not offered.
WHAT YOU WILL ACHIEVE:
- Partner with leaders to execute on Hint’s retention marketing strategy, including direct accountability for email and SMS channel performance. Core KPIs include email and SMS engagement rates, revenue, and customer repeat purchase rates
- Interpret, articulate and execute email strategy, driving improvements in audience segmentation, content, calendaring and frequency based on leadership direction
- Lead email A/B testing in partnership with Creative and Analytics teams. Communicate test results to stakeholders and continuously iterate to ensure their target audiences are reached
- Map out and optimize lifecycle email strategy, collaborating with stakeholders: welcome series, win-backs, up-sells and other email flows.
- Manage and grow the email and SMS database.
- Develop and optimize tactics for capturing emails/phone numbers, e.g. via website light-boxes
- Monitor email deliverability and respond to situations that impact IP reputation, domain reputation, or both. Monitor list health and data hygiene
- Execute on Hint’s direct-to-consumer loyalty program
- Report on performance of email/SMS (weekly and monthly reporting, as well as ad hoc reporting on campaigns and A/B tests)
- Manage one direct report (Email/CRM Manager), providing day-to-day guidance and support for continuing professional development
WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Passionate about a healthy lifestyle and using great taste and scent to deliver healthy products that customers love
- You love partnering with executives to bring their visions to life
- Required 5-8 years of professional experience in roles focused on lifecycle marketing, including email and retention marketing and loyalty
- Team player and ready to get in the game, no task is too small for you
- Strong expertise in customer segmentation and email marketing best practices
- Extensive experience in A/B testing and using data to inform marketing decisions
- An eye for strong creative and storytelling, and experience partnering with Creative teams and freelancers on both direct response and brand marketing assets and communication
- Knowledge of direct-to-consumer eCommerce, retention marketing trends, and Email/CRM technologies (Klaviyo experience a plus)
- Hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves style, used to working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. Collaborative partner with Creative, Merchandising and Product/Development teams
- Bachelor's degree required
Hint is on a mission to help the world live a healthy lifestyle by making products people love. Founded in 2005, the idea behind Hint is simple: pure water, nature's original refreshment, accented with fruit essence. No sugar, no diet sweeteners. EVER.
Headquartered in the Marina District of San Francisco with offices in New York and throughout the United States, Hint is looking for driven collaborative individuals to help us achieve our mission of healthier lifestyles for all. Hint is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- We are #NowHiring talented individuals across the United States to help us make healthier choices more enjoyable. We do not accept agency submissions. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Hint.