At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-time, others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely.
This is a remote position, so you’ll be working remotely from your home. You may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or offsites.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
Join our team...
The Customer Lifecycle Marketing Director will strategically develop marketing strategies using both analytical and qualitative insights by partnering with key collaborators throughout the organization including product marketing managers, channel marketers, business analytics, sophisticated analytics, and customer experience. True success will come from developing and implementing a highly personalized customer marketing strategy that will in turn drive incremental customer or business from the existing customer base while improving the customer experience.
What You'll Get To Do...
- Define existing customer lifecycle goals for annual and quarterly planning; as a derivative of the overarching business unit (BU) critical metrics and goals.
- Define the existing customer marketing strategy to achieve those targets including objectives and plans in collaboration and alignment with channel marketing leaders.
- Keep BU and peer group leaders advised on progress, challenges, and opportunities for additional investment to accelerate plans.
- Develop and apply analytical insights to identify new marketing opportunities using customer analysis, segmentation, financial analysis and campaign and test results in partnership with business analytics and sophisticated analytics.
- Find opportunities to improve existing marketing strategies/campaigns and develop and refine the experience to address these opportunities.
- Leverage those insights in defining consistent conversations/treatments across channels that personalize messaging, improve the customer experience, align to the customer contact strategy and drive value for customers and the business.
- Provide the execution teams with the input needed to launch customer conversations and marketing strategies across multiple channels (email, outbound sales, paid advertising, SMS, website experience, etc.).
- Partner with go-to-market, channel marketing, product marketing, and creative teams to design messaging strategies and build new marketing content which align to go-to-market and channel strategies.
- Define reporting and data analytics needs required to provide rapid insights and clarity into what drives business results and how marketing strategies performed and communicate those to cross functional and leadership teams.
- Work with internal and external resources to develop segmentation, lookalike and predictive models; build case analyses to support programs; and establish ways to improve the collection of customer intent.
- Identify any gaps in marketing capabilities including data capture gaps and platforms needed to implement the optimal marketing strategy.
Your Experience Should Include...
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of hands-on experience with customer marketing, analytics, and project/program management.
- Depth and breadth of understanding in the areas of customer marketing, customer retention and personalized messaging.
- Strong understanding of analytics, statistics and forecasting with hands on experience in web and customer analytics including analysis to optimize marketing campaigns, channels and/or customer journeys.
- Hands on leader that loves and is able to balance strategy, operational excellence and technological advancement.
- Ability to work independently & build relationships with key partners, and handle contending priorities within a fast-paced matrixed organization and get results at scale is a requirement.
- Experience driving end-to-end marketing campaigns through multiple channels.
- Strong project management, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Ability to draw out insights and make data driven decisions with “test & learn” mentality.
- Experience using JIRA, Tableau, Confluence, Smartsheet, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, and SharePoint is a plus.
- Experience pulling data via SQL or other coding languages for use in analytics with the ability to code from scratch is a plus.
You might also have...
The following characteristics define a candidate that will succeed in the culture and for this position:
- Self-Starting: A self-motivated individual who can take limited direction and produce tangible results. A resourceful individual who pro-actively thinks outside of the box.
- Technology Forward: Has an interest in technology, knows the tools and tricks.
- Curiosity: Has a naturally curious mind, loves to explore and champion intellect; observes and identifies patterns in data that can identify actionable insights
- Problem Solver: Continually resolve issues through active problem solving and striving to answer questions before they are asked
- Organizational Skills: Bring disparate team members together to resolve issues and drive consensus
- Communication: Excellent oral and written communication skills; an active listener and concise presenter
- Judgment: Makes sound decisions in a timely manner based on the appropriate balance of data and instinct. Knows how to ask the right questions (at the right time) to uncover key information that can unlock relevant action.
- Team Oriented: Works well in collaborative team environments and matrix reporting structures
We've got your back...
Enjoy our many benefits ( My Wallet ), which may vary depending on role and tenure, including paid time off, 401k, bonus eligibility, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups ( Culture ). Once approved, continue to have a side hustle if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us ( https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx .)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.