As Director of Lifecycle Marketing you will design, build, and execute strategies that drive customer acquisition and retention to meet targeted CPA’s and customer retention, sales, and profit goals. The ideal candidate is one that has a strong B2C analytics background, is articulate, has strong business acumen, and excellent interpersonal skills. They must be a hands-on, technically-minded leader with at least 5+ years of experience developing data driven strategies across all aspects of a direct to consumer e-commerce environment.
Ability to put the customer first and think through the end-to-end customer journey is a must. This role will lead a team to deliver an optimal customer experience across channels that not only delivers on the above stated KPI’s, but also increases overall LTV. This individual will continually balance short-term business impact with the long-term vision of the customer in mind. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in lifecycle marketing, a deep understanding of customer behavior, and a passion for creating exceptional customer experiences.
- Work with peers in Merchandising, Marketing, Retail and Business Intelligence teams to develop core strategies and the execution to grow new to file customers while retaining our existing customer base.
- Research, recommend and implement new customer acquisition strategies and initiatives including print (space), retargeting, affiliates, geofencing, social media and other forms of acquisition marketing.
- Establish appropriate key performance indicators that allow key stakeholders consistent visibility into overall channel performance.
- Own KPIs and drive measurable results across all lifecycle initiatives.
- Maintain customer file health and performance by creating automation, optimization, and targeting strategies to activate, engage, and drive LTV of our customers across email, SMS, catalog/print and loyalty.
- Customer segmentation and targeting: Utilize customer data and insights to identify key segments, understand their needs, behaviors, and preferences, and create tailored marketing campaigns to drive engagement and conversion.
- Provide thought leadership and identify new opportunities for channel optimization across the customer journey and drive cross-functional collaboration across teams.
- Leverage the use of analytics to provide insights and make recommendations to reach new customers in new ways and improve ROI.
- Familiar with A/B test setup and ability to work cross-functionally to execute.
- Recommend solutions to internal business teams to continually improve website performance by analyzing client browse and purchase behavior, competitive data, and industry trends.
- Lead, coach, and develop a high-performing team that is engaged and motivated to achieve goals.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or Business-related field.
- 7+ years experience leading lifecycle, CRM or retention marketing, with proven track record of delivering measurable results and real-time personalization at scale.
- 4+ years of experience building and managing a team.
- In-depth experience with marketing technology and ability to translate business needs into technical requirements.
- Experience in performing and analyzing A/B, multivariate and other forms of web usability testing.
- 5+ years of web analytics experience using Adobe (Google Analytics experience will be considered). Use of Adobe Target a plus.
- Experience with marketing automation platforms, customer relationship management (CRM) systems, and analytics tools.
- Concurrent responsibility for 4+ B2C businesses with oversight of $400M+ revenue.
- Experience preferable in consumable goods. Ideally in a matrixed organization for a public company.
- Experience in regulated environment.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing new online strategic initiatives.
- An excellent communicator who can translate the marketing story / vision across the organization, bringing all stakeholders along with them, and drive cross-functional collaboration.
- Strong business acumen and ability to understand business/technical requirements for analysis/reporting purposes interpret data and make actionable business recommendations.
- Highly proficient in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Go-getter and someone who knows how to “figure it out” and “get the job done”.
- Passion for all things print and digital and someone with a curious nature and a desire to understand and master new internet marketing techniques and e-commerce strategies.
- Experience working with IT, Design and Merchandise teams to drive the successful completion of new projects.
- Highly organized with ability to manage time, priorities, and multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Who We Are
We are the fastest growing cigar company in the country, and the leading online and direct marketer of fine cigars, premium pipe tobaccos, luxury gifts and accessories, and more. Our headquarters is located in the heart of the Lehigh Valley in historic Bethlehem, PA.
While our roots are in direct marketing and we have a strong e-commerce and growing brick and mortar retail presence. We have three (3) Retail locations in Pennsylvania, five (5) in Texas, two (2) in Florida and soon to be many more.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. T