We’re hiring a Lifecycle leader to focus on key retention and expansion initiatives, with the goal of getting millions of members to fall in love with Chime over and over again. In this role, you will lead a team of Lifecycle Marketing Managers, owning our omni-channel lifecycle strategy for retained members, utilizing email, push, in-app and SMS.
This role requires a high degree of cross-functional collaboration with teams to plan and execute against shared goals, delivering seamless experiences across the website, app and lifecycle channels. The ideal candidate will have led strategy and teams for innovative and engaging Lifecycle programs in results-driven environments, have proven success improving metrics across engagement, adoption, and retention goals, developed aggressive experiment pipelines for continuous innovation, all with a highly empathetic, customer-centric mindset.
In accordance with applicable law, this role has an annual starting salary of $164,500 plus bonus, a competitive equity package, and benefits (see below). The actual pay may be higher depending on your location, skills, qualifications, and experience.
In this role, you can expect to
- Lead the strategy for hyper-personalized programs involving a mix of push, in-app, email, and SMS, delivering best-in-class member communications that's proven by quantitative (e.g. engagement rates, product adoption rates) as well as qualitative measurements
- Build and support a team of high-performing, mission-driven lifecycle marketers
- KPI ownership around core drivers of retention using Lifecycle channels, with strong intuition and acumen to identify, size, and prioritize opportunities that inform a lifecycle roadmap to generate a meaningful contribution toward shared and team goals
- Partnership with key stakeholders to develop and deliver on shared strategies, executing against team/company goals for large cross-functional initiatives
- Monitor performance of marketing programs, generate data-driven hypotheses that inform strategies for journeys and campaigns, and identify areas for improvement in our strategy
- Continuously improve through the lifecycle experiment roadmap covering both short-term campaigns and long-term series, testing across incentives, creative, content, and cadence, deriving insights to tangibly impact initiatives across the org
To thrive in this role, you have
- 10+ years experience leading the development of complex lifecycle/CRM programs oriented around retention goals, from strategy-to-execution
- Proven track record in engagement optimization, product/feature adoption and expansion, and other contributors toward maximizing retention
- Expertise in ROI-focused promotional incentives, gamification concepts, and other core strategies that maximize response and engagement
- Ability to lead cross-divisionally and manage resources in a hyper growth environment that is expanding rapidly into new verticals and markets
- In-depth knowledge of marketing automation/CRM systems, with experience pushing the boundaries of what those platforms can do
- Expert in customer segmentation strategies and subscriber management across multiple channels (omni-channel), deliverability and CAN-SPAM laws
- Excels at evangelizing data-driven requirements, ideas and strategies, with hands-on experience with related tools/concepts being a plus: Excel, A/B testing, relational databases, etc.
- Comfortable in fast moving, fluid environments; entrepreneurial spirit
- Comfortable in highly-regulated environments where respecting the rules can mean the difference between the life or death of an initiative
- Excellent presentation skills among peers and in executive situations
A little about us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees and helping people grow their savings automatically, we’ve empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, and more!
We’ve built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech and were recently valued at over $25.5B. We’ve raised over $1.7B in funding from leading investors including Sequoia Capital Global Equities, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, General Atlantic, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, DST, Coatue, Iconiq, Menlo Ventures and others.
What we offer
- 💰 Competitive salary based on experience
- ✨ 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- 📝 Quarterly stipend to spruce up your home office
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- 🖥 Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- 💚 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.