WHO ARE WE?
The Lifecycle Marketing team is transforming the way BARK engages with its millions of customers. We’re mobilizing big data, clever creative and multiple channels to build a 1:1 communications experience that anticipates and answers each customer’s needs across their lifetime with BARK (from prospect nurture & conversion to subscriber engagement & upsell to long-term retention & loyalty). If imagineering programs that deliver the right solution to the right dog at the right time sets your tail a-wagging (metaphorically speaking), then come join us!
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We are hiring a Director of Lifecycle Marketing, Emerging Products to lead product adoption and subscription conversion strategies for BARK’s growing product lines in food and health. Reporting to BARK’s VP Lifecycle Marketing, you’ll be responsible for driving growth of the subscriber base for our food (Eats) and health (Bright) services by maximizing conversion of BARK’s large and growing customer base. The role requires a knack for driving strategy through data, the creative sensibilities to turn that strategy into customer-relevant programs with personality, and the ability to work collaboratively and cross-functionality. If you eat/breathe/sleep ways to improve engagement, have a soft spot for dogs, and are ready to build BARK’s next great services, then this role’s for you.
- Drive the cross-sell strategy to convert BARK’s large base of existing customers (subscribers, former subscribers and prospects) into subscribers of food and health services.
- Develop and execute an aggressive schedule of multi-channel experiments (email, sms, push and other channels) to hyper-targeted segments that will quickly and continuously increase trial and conversion, with specific focus on data- and activity-driven triggers.
- Collaborate with Site Merchandising team to drive awareness, trial and adoption of food and health products, and integrate food and health opportunities into the millions of monthly BARK boxes hitting homes each month.
- Partner with Product team to integrate personalized cross-sell opportunities into the overall customer experience.
- Partner with Growth leads for Eats and Bright on the development of new brand-relevant messaging and promotions.
- Leverage data to craft personalization and segmentation strategies to more efficiently and consistently answer the needs of BARK subscribers and their dogs based on a variety of attributes, including age, breed, region, health concerns and more.
- Manage and mentor a Lifecycle Marketing Manager in the development and execution of the above.
- Take ownership of all KPIs for your programs and lifecycle segments, and communicate results to BARK’s leadership team.
- 5 + years of CRM, Lifecycle Marketing or Product Marketing experience in a direct-to-consumer eCommerce environment; experience with subscription services a plus.
- Background in building communications programs through CRM or marketing automation systems a must (Simon Data, Braze, Iterable, HubSpot or similar platform).
- Experience in a start-up environment a plus; entrepreneurial spirit a must
- Track record of driving customer experience innovation through partnership with Product
- Demonstrated achievements working with data to drive insights, inspire campaigns and inform strategy.
- Proven experience with campaign development, from briefs through working with creative teams to launch.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Business Analytics or Marketing degree preferred.
- Extremely comfortable working in Excel to manipulate data and build reports.
- Experience coding in languages like SQL is beneficial – the desire to learn is a must.
- Must be well-versed in testing strategies (A/B, multivariate, etc) and associated tools and best practices.
- Excellent communication, organizational and project management skills. Ability to work between teams and functions with high autonomy and little guidance.
- Must love dogs (but why wouldn’t you?)
This position is a full-time position. It is located on-site at our office in New York City. We offer health insurance for both you and your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, and a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Here at BARK, we love dogs and their people. We’re looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (we’re not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs and their people through our products, events, and experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, and our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats and clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys and treats to the dogs across the world and use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives and ways to make magic between dogs and their people. We’ve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.