Who We Are
Munchkin is one of the most innovative and fast-growing consumer product companies in the world! With over 320+ patents under our belt, we continue to create solutions that leave our customers asking, "how did I ever live without this?" Recognized as #8 on America’s Most Innovative Companies list by Fortune Magazine, innovation is the core of our company DNA and has been driving our designs for 30 years!
Founded in 1990, Munchkin has sold billions of dollars of products through our key retail partners: Target, Walmart and Amazon and has global distribution in over 50 countries. We are industry leaders in design and innovation with over 140 international product and brand design awards in the past 5 years and growing!
We lead with our core values and believe that investing in the community is our responsibility. We create opportunities for every child’s potential and well-being through the Radiant Colors program, work to create a sustainable future, and in partnership with the International Fund for Animal welfare have committed to animal conservation.
After 30 years of being a leader in the baby industry, Munchkin is growing up and expanding our business reach to even more consumers with the launch of Curio, a highly curated line of home goods inspired by curiosity.
There is no better time than now to join Munchkin as we embark on our next and biggest growth journey moving us into technology focused, higher valued products, and household consumer goods. Munchkin is growing up and you could be the next influential leader to play a key role in driving enormous customer-centered value and rapid growth.
What You’ll Do
The Director of Lifecyle and Retention Marketing is responsible for developing and executing Munchkin’s “CRM” strategies and providing product and experience propelled growth to meaningfully drive profitability. The role will own the known customer growth strategy and management tactics spanning email, SMS, push notification, as well as have joint ownership of certain customer retargeting initiatives.
- Define and execute optimization of lifecycle and CRM strategy, including direct accountability for email, SMS and mobile app engagement strategy and performance
- Own, execute and communicate strategy and tactics of email programs, SMS, push notifications, and retention marketing campaigns to drive improvements in audience segmentation and frequency to drive repeat rates for site visit and product purchase
- Optimize existing lifecycle channels and programs, and expand lifecycle/retention efforts into new/additional channels
- Build the strategy for CRM campaigns including message/content strategy, target audience segmentation, measurement plans, and iterative testing roadmaps
- Design, set up, and drive complex CRM journeys, triggers and automations with static and dynamic content, designed to drive conversion and engagement
- Set the vision and recommend enhancements and additions to Munchkin DTC’s stable of technical vendors and suppliers, across: CRM, CDP, Customer Insights, and other related tooling and systems
- Partner cross-functionally with Acquisition, Brand, Merchandising and Product and Engineering teams to create a true lifecycle marketing experience that attracts customers, converts, retains, and delivers on the best customer experience
- Develop and deploy improvements and new initiatives to improve retention as well as product line and category adoption across various age ranges and life stages
- Define and track KPIs relevant to lifecycle/retention and implement robust weekly reporting, identify trends from reporting and use data to optimize program goals
- Define opportunities for product optimization at all stages of the customer journey (from landing pages, through activation, through conversion, retention, and reacquisition), partnering with cross-functional teams to ideate, prioritize, and execute
- 8+ years’ experience driving customer lifecycle functions, spanning: customer engagement, and retention marketing, email, CRM, customer loyalty, site marketing, and customer segmentation – delivering growth and measurable results for a DTC brand or large consumer brand with a significant DTC operation
- Knowledge of direct-to-consumer eCommerce, retention marketing trends, and Email/CRM technologies
- Experience in driving corporate decision making through the lens of the customer, customer-centric mindset
- Ability to develop and execute CRM strategy, the ability, and more crucially, an appetite to roll-up your sleeves to execute campaigns
- Experience developing actionable creative briefs and providing constructive feedback on creative work
- Ability to think strategically
- Strong analytical skills with proven ability to turn data into actionable initiatives (including both quantitative and qualitative data)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and proven ability to foster a cooperative, results-driven work environment.
- Strong presentation skills and experiences at the Executive level.
- Detail-oriented and able to coordinate multiple work streams for on-time project delivery.
We Got You Covered!
As a Great Place to Work Certified™ company, we are committed to offering the best to our employees. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, vision, dental, prescription drug coverage, life insurance, wellness benefits, generous employer-matched 401(k) plan, Paid Childcare Leave, among other benefit plans. Our total rewards are top of market and includes competitive salary, bonus and opportunities to earn equity. We focus on supporting employee development and growth.
We regularly hold social functions to foster a genuine camaraderie that enhances teamwork. At our company-wide award functions, we take time to recognize the talent and dedication of the people who make Munchkin the most loved baby lifestyle brand in the world.
To give our people flexibility, we offer hybrid work environment.
Munchkin’s Hybrid Schedule is where an employee works in the office on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday, and remotely from home on Tuesday and Friday.
We also provide annual weeklong global office closures giving our people a chance to recharge.
Salary range: $120,000 - $150,000 annually
To learn more, visit us at www.munchkin.com.
Munchkin welcomes and values what makes everyone unique. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All hires to our team are based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We recruit, employ, train and promote regardless of race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other protected status.
Applicant Privacy Statement