Bitly is used by businesses around the world to build stronger connections with their customers across every digital channel. Our complete Link Management Platform empowers influencers and businesses of every size to embed short, branded call-to-action links in their communications using tools, analytics, and insights to maximize the impact of every digital initiative.
Every month, ~200M links are created on our platform, and our links receive over 20B clicks. At Bitly we believe every link should be a Bitly link. Our mission is to educate the world on how links can drive business results.
Bitly is looking for an experienced, data-driven, Growth Marketing Leader with a proven track record of converting free users to paid through both direct and online sales channels to lead our marketing efforts across the company. This role reports directly to our San Francisco based COO.
The Director of Growth Marketing has an incredible untapped opportunity to drive revenue through growth marketing initiatives. Each month, Bitly.com has over 18 million unique website visits and over 900k users sign up for free accounts.
You will drive results by designing, developing, and leading a data-driven marketing strategy to deliver bottoms-up growth through self-service by driving paid subscriptions. You’ll partner closely with the BI/Analytics, Product Management, Sales, and Customer Success teams to understand the needs of our customers and prioritize growth experiments to drive revenue. Finally, as our head of marketing, you’ll lead the marketing team to evolve Bitly’s messaging, positioning, and content strategy and to optimize online conversions and lead generation on Bitly.com for our direct sales team.
- Lead and tactically execute a range of growth and monetization initiatives with a strong focus on email marketing to increase conversion to paid plans and increase retention of paying customers
- Leverage lifecycle marketing through multiple channels, such as email marketing, SEO, SEM, and other content strategies
- Partner with the product team to define user journeys and increase engagement and usage across all funnel stages: signup, install, activation, engagement, and retention.
- Develop a roadmap of growth marketing experiments in coordination with the BI/Analytics team and Product Management teams to rapidly develop and test growth strategies
- Lead the evolution of Bitly’s product marketing and positioning.
- Support and develop the marketing team by providing performance reviews, continual feedback, mentoring and career growth for direct reports
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience with a background in customer acquisition and retention
- 3+ years experience in growth marketing and scaling B2B tech companies, ideally with experience in a successful startup.
- 2+ years of people management experience with success in building/retaining teams and developing talent
- Previous experience owning growth marketing channels and driving demonstrable results - owning and achieving core growth KPIs
- Have a strong foundation in customer insight, lifetime value analysis, and lifecycle marketing with knowledge of current trends and industry best practices
- A working knowledge of SQL, Marketo, Optimizely, Autopilot and other marketing tools and CRM platforms
- Ambition and creativity; be prepared to create and own experiments and initiatives for converting free users to paid and from paid to upgrade
- A deep understanding of growth funnels and how to optimize at each stage
- Strong communication skills: you must be able to convey ideas to both end users and engineering teams alike
- Comfortable creating marketing strategies using both qualitative and quantitative insights
- Comfortable ideating and executing new-user acquisition initiatives outside of traditional paid marketing from the ground up
- Comfortable working at a high-growth startup, managing a team, and wearing multiple hats
- Customer First. We are fiercely committed to our customers success. Our Job is to ensure that our trusted platform, performance, and people help customers achieve their goals
- Growth Focused. We are building a fast growing, healthy business powered by quick learning, constant optimization, and data driven decisions
- R.E.S.P.E.C.T. We are a team that respects each other and values diversity and inclusion. We treat others as we’d want to be treated and uphold the highest levels of integrity in everything we do
- >(!=) Greater than, not equal to. We are driven to win, bring our “A Game” to work each day and deliver exceptional results
- Do or Do Not, There is No Try. We say what we are going to do and we do it
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive and competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance offered (all LGBT friendly)
- 401k with up to 4% employer match
- One Medical membership; doctors you can text, call or email 24/7 + expert insurance guidance
- Voluntary Legalshield and IDShield for your protection
- Unlimited vacation, personal time, and work from home policies
- Generous parental leave policies; maternity and parental leave for growing families
- Company sponsored conference speaking and attendance
- Snacks, drinks, and weekly catered lunches
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Gorgeous new offices in New York’s Flatiron, Denver’s Union Station, and San Francisco's SOMA district
- Quarterly Hack week
- Company sponsored volunteering opportunities
- Dog and bike friendly
At Bitly, we celebrate our differences and are committed to achieving excellence through cultural diversity. We truly believe in the power and benefits gained by bringing together the perspectives of people from diverse backgrounds and experiences. We all work to make sure that Bitly is a welcome, comfortable, and productive place where each of us can make a difference.
We are proud of our community and our culture. We are actively looking for team members who align with the Bitly mission and values. Our mission is to empower marketers to make better decisions by providing insight into the connected world.
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Bitly also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Bitly.