Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
Ventures Endurance, a division of Gannett/USA Today Network, is hiring a Director of Email Marketing. The candidate will be responsible for leading the email marketing strategies of approximately 100 live and virtual endurance events, including running, cycling, and obstacle course events. At Ventures Endurance, we produce world-class, community-centric events that engage, empower, and celebrate every participant.
Main duties include managing email databases and ensuring the correct flow of data from our internal CRM to Salesforce/Marketing Cloud and Datorama. We are looking for proven experience creating automation, building journeys, and reporting results.
The candidate will be joining a full marketing team in a quickly growing company.
The ideal candidate will have.
- 5+ years experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Certified as either Marketing Cloud Email Specialist, Administrator, Developer or Consultant.
- Deep experience in Marketing Cloud development, including: AMPScript, HTML/CSS, SQL queries, and dynamic email personalization.
- Experience building dashboards in Datorama.
- Act as a data and analytics subject matter expert: performing ad-hoc data pulls, advising on campaign strategy, and working closely in Datorama to understand performance.
- Support email marketing teams with strategic planning, targeting, and implementation of campaigns.
- Build email lists regularly using Salesforce Marketing Cloud’s Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Assist in the day-to-day responsibilities of marketing execution, from hands-on operational work to project management, holding teams accountable for hitting goals and KPIs.
- Identify new marketing opportunities to continuously improve the Marketing organization’s impact and effectiveness.
- Analyze campaign performance and suggest improvements.
- Report on revenue generated from email marketing efforts.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of marketing experience.
- Previous CRM and data strategy experience are required.
- Experience in Salesforce Marketing Cloud required.
- Experience in Datorama is highly preferred.
- Marketing analytics experience preferred.
- Self-starter with the ability to execute independently.
- Continuously seeking out opportunities to learn and improve.
- Flexible and can adapt accordingly to priority and project changes.
- Results-driven with the ability to quickly solve complex problems.
- Exceptional attention to detail along with strong organizational, multi-tasking, and project management skills.
- Strong work ethic and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Passion for excellence, results, and team collaboration.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining a diverse workforce. As such, we will consider all qualified applicants for employment and do not discriminate in connection with employment decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, marital status, personal appearance (including height and weight), sexual orientation, family responsibilities, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy status (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), education, genetic characteristics or information, political affiliation, military or veteran status or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state and local laws in the jurisdictions where Gannett employs employees. In addition, Gannett Co., Inc. will provide applicants who require a reasonable accommodation, as a result of an applicant’s disability or religion, to complete this employment application and/or any other process in connection with an individuals’ application for employment with Gannett Co., Inc.