Looking for an energized leader interested in taking the Staples Inc. Email marketing program and performance to the next level by leveraging personalization/segmentation and machine learning to get the right message to the right customer at the right time. It’s an exciting time to join the team as Staples.com has double digit growth and strengthened its customer file. In addition, Staples Advantage which serves our larger Commercial customers, is on its way back to growth following the downturn caused by the pandemic.
The Director of Email Marketing will lead efforts to convert, engage, and retain customers via the email channel for both Staples.com (E-commerce channel) and Staples Advantage.com (Commercial channel) as part of the Go-to-Market Strategy and Operations team. The Director will partner cross functionally with our Creative, Customer Lifecycle Marketing, and Merchandising teams to deliver a best-in-class email strategy. This leader is responsible for all aspects of email marketing including, but not limited to, campaign sizing, executional planning, targeting/circulation, deployment, prioritization, and performance management including reporting. Experience in managing managers and fostering a team culture of testing and learning to drive business impact (both financial impact and customer file health) is critical.
Enabling personalization with our third parties to deliver the right message to the right customer at the right time is a top priority. The Director owns and manages the relationship with third party partners and oversees the development of new or enhanced technical tools in partnership with both internal and external IT teams.
- Lead the campaign sizing, targeted channel mix and related activities during the campaign planning phase in collaboration with the campaign owner
- Provide leadership to the campaign performance and tracking activities. Generate, distribute and analyze all operational reports for improvements in operational deployments, targeting or all other matters related to all targeted campaigns across Staples, Inc.
- Shape the vision for future of Email by evangelizing the process of continuous improvement, how it impacts a stakeholder group and how it transforms the way we go to market in a customer-centric way.
- Develop and present new test ideas/recommendations and executional plan for optimizing targeted campaigns to drive business growth and customer file health
- Establish and monitor KPIs of all email campaigns and actively adjust the test roadmap to improve overall KPIs
- Identify opportunities to improve customer experience through flawless deployment of targeted channel activities. Understand and document marketing channel system configuration, processes and data flow and disseminate information across Staples to enhance understanding
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a marketing or business, or work experience that demonstrates comparable abilities (preferred)
- 10-15 years of experience in email marketing campaigns including personalization serving both B2B and B2C customers
- Experience directly managing managers and individual contributors
- Demonstrated ability to partner and influence cross-functionally
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines while flexibly adapting to the business’ changing needs
- Excellent verbal, written, and communication skills
- Aptitude to effectively interact with stakeholders, including executive leadership
Staples is The Worklife Fulfillment Company, helping businesses of all sizes be more productive, connected and inspired. With dedicated account teams, category professionals, innovative brands and a curated product assortment for business, Staples provides customized solutions to help organizations achieve their goals. Interested in joining the team? Check out our perks and benefits !
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.