Venture-backed Jaanuu is seeking a Director of Email Marketing responsible for leading our retention and email program. As a core member of Jaanuu’s marketing team, you will play an integral role in customer retention by creating life cycle marketing programs and managing day-to-day email-marketing initiatives. This position involves both strategy and hands-on execution, requiring you to be a thought leader and roll up your sleeves putting programs into action.
This ideal candidate will be highly analytical and have a minimum of 5+ years of hands on management experience with an enterprise email marketing tool (Sailthru, Klaviyo, etc.).
- Own end-to-end campaign execution with flawless attention to detail
- Manage creative development, campaign setup and deployment of retention campaigns
- Responsible for segmentation and scheduling of promotional emails
- Analyze full-funnel email performance, use data driven learnings to inform campaign planning and optimization
- Develop and continually refine the email marketing strategy to increase revenue, drive customer engagement, reduce churn, and win back lapsed customers.
- Lead a rigorous creative testing and optimization process to continually improve KPIs
- Partner with analytics, product management, engineering and creative teams to improve segmentation capabilities
- Conduct frequent analysis of competitor programs
- Candidates must be based in California
- 5+ years of email marketing/retention experience, preferably within an ecommerce company
- Determined work ethic with a high degree of attention to detail, intellectual motivation, and data-driven mentality
- Hands on management of enterprise marketing tools including email set-up, HTML coding, and scheduling
- Familiarity with cohort analysis, segmentation and personalization
- Significant experience with testing methodologies to evaluate performance
- Experience implementing email marketing platforms and maintaining data integrations
- Experience with catalogs & direct mail a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree (MBA preferred)
Venture-backed Jaanuu is a digital-first retailer changing the world of medical scrubs through its innovation in fabric and design. We’re a lean but fast-growing group of eCommerce and apparel veterans, digital marketers, creatives, engineers, and customer service experts working together in the name of performance - and we're eager to have you join us!
But what's in it for you? Glad you asked!
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a multitude of benefits and perks, including:
- Full suite of medical insurance with employer-sponsored contributions for both employees and dependents, plus no-cost access to Employee Assistance Programs,
- Meaningful stock options grants for eligible full-time employees,
- 9+ paid holidays + winter break (Christmas Day to New Year's Day),
- Unlimited, flexible time off,
- Generous monthly WFH stipend,
- Jaanuu Employee Discount and more!
At Jaanuu, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate it and we learn from each other for the benefit of our people, our products, and our community. Jaanuu is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We interview and hire applicants of all backgrounds, orientations, expressions, and identities.