The Director of Email Marketing will be a key leadership role on our VinceCamuto.com digital team, and is responsible for all email and SMS initiatives. This role will drive the strategy and execution of programs to build our customer base, create meaningful engagement with our customers, and develop a best-in-class email program and team.
With ambitious growth plans for the eCommerce business, the director will play a critical role in creating and implementing new digital marketing strategies that help drive traffic, revenue and customer loyalty. Overseeing the retention and storytelling strategies for VC.com, this role will help put the customer at the heart of the business and build brand love.
The Director leads the email and SMS team, and is responsible for coaching and developing them. This role is an exciting opportunity for a passionate, creative marketer to join a growing brand and make a significant impact on the digital business.
VP of DTC
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Own email and SMS channel strategies and performance.
- Manage a high-performance team to drive each stage of the process from brief to deployment to analysis.
- Create a strong digital content and storytelling strategy; act as key digital marketing calendar owner
- Establish and hit list growth goals to support revenue objectives
- Build an SMS program that integrates strategically with email. Establish and hit list growth goals.
- Expand and optimize lifecycle marketing flows in partnership with CRM team to increase conversion, drive engagement and foster retention
- Develop and implement a content personalization and audience segmentation strategy across all channels to drive engagement and revenue
- Develop new reporting that monitors KPIs by channel and program – triggers, editorial, promotional and SMS.
- Track performance to traffic and revenue goals, develop opportunities to adjust strategy to address areas of attention.
- Create a clear A/B testing roadmap and reporting approach. Share back learnings with key stakeholders and executive team.
- Develop new email list growth strategy, leveraging digital partnerships and other digital marketing channels to help drive new, qualified subscribers into the program
- Identify, recommend, and implement process improvements to enable automation and efficiency, segmentation enhancements, and triggered/multi-step campaign opportunities
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners in brand, design, product, eCommerce, planning, etc.
- Stay informed on market trends and retention best practices, including personalization, CRM flows, email deliverability, and innovative creative approaches.
- Present overall storytelling and contact strategy to leadership and cross functional partners on a monthly basis
- Lead, coach and develop team members to optimize their performance
- Work closely with external vendors (i.e. ESP account team) in order to evolve strategies, meet to evaluate performance, and escalate any technical needs or issues as they arise
- Enthusiastic, driven leader with a passion for all things email and “customer”
- Takes a balanced approach to marketing between data-driven strategy and creative innovation
- Experience developing and leading strategy to hit financial goals
- Ability to proactively find new opportunities for growth within email and SMS and implement roadmaps to help bring those new tactics to life in a successful way
- Talent/performance management; ability to coach, delegate and develop a high-performance team
- Financial acumen and experience overseeing the email marketing / CRM channel budget for 3+ years
- Must be well-versed in consumer technology and best-in-class email strategies
- Stays apprised of email, SMS and retail industry challenges, best practices, activities, and trends
- Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills
- 8+ years driving complex email marketing strategies for a digital B2C retailer (fashion or beauty, a plus)
- 5+ years of experience leading, managing, and developing successful email teams and outside agencies
- In-depth, hands-on ESP experience (i.e. Responsys, Klaviyo, Salesforce, SailThru etc.)
- Must be able to create and optimize data-driven strategies and tactics across email and SMS
- Experience creating reports, finding insights and leveraging data to guide decisions, activities, and strategies
- Ability to build strong partnerships with cross-functional teams including merchandising, site, brand and creative
- Understanding of industry benchmarks and desire to stay on top of the latest eCommerce trends
- Critical thinking and problem solving with a positive attitude is a must.
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail.