Who We Are
O Positiv is a Los Angeles-based health & wellness brand built on the idea that small acts of self-care produce positive outcomes. We’ve created the first-ever PMS gummy vitamin, FLO Vitamins, designed to make periods and the symptoms that come with them more tolerable. Our team is small-yet-mighty, with big ambitions and an entrepreneurial spirit. We are an early-stage startup gaining serious traction (check us out in Forbes’ top trends in women’s health), with a strong brand presence and some amazing advisors. We’re growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same.
The Director of Email/SMS, reporting to the CMO, will own the customer file, email & SMS marketing, and retention strategies to drive LTV.
This role will act as the functional expert regarding best practices for all customer relationship management, email and SMS touchpoints within the company.
Goals include engaging customers with targeted messages across their life cycle stage to increase conversion rates, revenue, and customer lifetime value and maintaining email health and deliverability.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ownership over the customer file, and cohort performance.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to manage the growth and maintenance of our prospects/customer database including new programs designed to increase email capture and lead nurturing.
- Drive customer file model forecasting to inform the growth trajectory of the DTC business.
- Primary ownership of the email & SMS program including revenue, growth, and engagement.
- Coordinate with other team members and departments around calendar planning, creative, and copywriting to create well thought out marketing campaigns that support business goals across all units.
- Manage and execute weekly CRM tactics to increase customer LTV by driving engagement, retention, and purchasing frequency via communications that reflect O Positiv’s brand value proposition, visual equity and voice.
- Implement and optimize flow/drip campaigns that increase engagement and retention including welcome, post purchase, abandon carts, and more.
- Provide lifecycle marketing viewpoint and analysis for business forecasting; own revenue contribution goals driven by lifecycle marketing efforts.
- Own analytics and reporting on a weekly and monthly basis around channel KPI's.
- Continue to ideate and A/B test in order to improve on all channel KPI's.
- Manage and develop 1 direct report.
- Maintain a strong relationship with our email service provider.
- Keep up-to-date with a comprehensive understanding of email and retention marketing best practices.
- Liaise with Customer Service to ensure that our communications and CRM programs are clear and actionable to customers.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, eCommerce, or related field
- 5+ years of retention experience across multiple channels like email, SMS, loyalty at a DTC brand
- Experience working with top-tier ESP's – Klaviyo a plus
- Strong understanding of lifecycle marketing, attribution, how various channels interplay with one another, and the KPIs that drive retention
- Passionate about optimization and data analysis, discovering new insights to increase performance.
- Organization and attention to detail including copy/editorial to ensure that our communications utilize correct grammar and spelling and are free of typos and other errors.
- Working knowledge of email best practices, deliverability, CAN-SPAM legislation and email success metrics.
- Strong analytical, communication, and project management skills
- Excitement for startups and building from the ground up
Hours and Compensation
- Job Type: Full-time
- Pay based on prior experience
- This is a full time role: this position will be in-person 4 days a week, Monday-Thursday, with Fridays being remote
- Our office is based in Santa Monica, California
Benefits & Perks
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Coverage
- Flexible PTO, Sick Days, and Wellness Days
- Monthly Social Hours
- An environment of collaboration, high performance, & respect amongst all employees and managers
O Positiv is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
O Positiv believes in the power of building a diverse and culturally inclusive team. We seek candidates from all backgrounds to join our teams. We're driven to build a workplace based on inclusive behaviors and equitable systems, where all employees can bring their authentic selves, feel engaged, and share their perspectives as a valued member of O Positiv.